Shop The Post:
For 3 years in a row we enjoyed taking a trip around Christmas time. We unfortunately have skipped the past two years because Covid, then this year we are still recovering from being gone the whole first week of December/end of November. A trip around Christmas is a tradition I hope to continue next year. There are so many places I’d love to go, so I put together my dream Christmas bucket list. London is my top bucket list Christmas destination (Jake agrees too) and NYC is number two. The rest of the places on my list are not in any particular order.
My Christmas Travel Bucket List:
- London: London is truly magical any time of year. We went in the spring of 2019 before I was pregnant with Scarlett and it was a trip I’ll never forget. Jake and I both agreed that London is our ultimate dream Christmas destination. I follow several London based Instagrammers and it looks incredible right now. I cannot imagine how gorgeous Harrods would be.
- NYC: This is my top choice in the U.S. It looks like they go all out with decor, especially in Times Square.
- Dahlonega, Georgia: We had thought about going to Helen, Ga. this weekend until we saw a high chance of rain. I think it was a sign to slow down and take my own advice from my recent blog post because we are both still tired from traveling early December. When I asked on Instagram if anyone had been to Helen, I got some recommendations that Dahlonega would be more “Hallmark movie like.” It looks so charming.
- Asheville, NC: We went in the Fall and had a great time. I’ve heard Christmas is the best time to go because the decorations at The Biltmore. When we visited they were starting to put them up.
- Colorado: We went to Denver in January one year and it was lovely. They still had some of the decor up and I bet it’s magical during Christmas. I would also love to visit Vail and Aspen, CO. I am not a huge skier, but it looks beautiful.
- Chicago: I have never been to Chicago, but I bet Christmas time would be lovely.
- Seaside: We love the whole 30A area and I’ve never been to the beach in December. I recently saw pictures of a friend who visited in December and it looks like they decorate beautifully. I would love to visit in December someday.
- Disney World: I haven’t been to Disney since I was a child and cannot wait to take Scarlett someday. I especially want to visit around Christmas and Halloween.
- Charleston, Sc.: Charleston in general is on my travel bucket list. I bet it’s especially charming around Christmas.
- Savannah, Ga.: I also haven’t been here, but I bet it’s a charming Southern Christmas spot.
Places we’ve been:
- New Orleans: This is probably my favorite Christmas destination we’ve been and one of my favorite trips Jake and I have taken. It was absolutely fabulous. You can see my post here.
- Nashville: We’ve been to Nashville around Christmas twice and it’s beautiful. I highly recommend. Blog post here.
- Atlanta: We’ve also been to Atlanta twice around Christmas and it’s so charming. Blog post here.
- Kansas City: We’ve been to Kansas City several times around Christmas for Chiefs games and it’s fun but usually very cold. The Plaza is decorated beautifully. Blog posts here.
About Our Outfits:
I have wanted this Chicwish bow coat/dress for years and am so glad to finally have it. It’s literally the Christmas coat of my dreams! I wore it with a black tunic and booties, but it would be cute with tall boots too. The bow details are absolutely gorgeous and this is the perfect statement coat for Christmas time. I got my regular size for the coat and it’s a perfect fit. This coat gives me total Hallmark movie vibes! Scarlett’s outfit was one of mine as a toddler. It’s so special seeing her in my clothes!
I know there are so many beautiful spots to visit around Christmas. I don’t love to be cold, so most of my dream destinations are not in the coldest locations. Have you been anywhere fabulous for Christmas?