Shop My Outfit:USE CODE ABYERS315 FOR 15% OFF MY SKIRT
In January I did a review on the Louis Vuitton Neverfull and y’all loved it (see post here). It is one of my most popular posts to date. I wanted to do another Louis Vuitton review, this time with the Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandoulière. I mentioned in my last post that I’ve always had a major handbag obsession ever since I was a little girl. Louis Vuitton has always been one of my favorite designers due to the classic designs. The Louis Vuitton speedy is one of the bags that I had always wanted, so when I had some major occasions coming up, I picked out a Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandoulière. I have had this bag for at least 7 or 8 years and still love it as much as I did the day I bought it.
According to Louis Vuitton’s website, the speedy was “Designed for travelers in 1930 (the name is a nod to the era’s rapid transit), with a strap for casual cross-body wear, today’s Speedy is a perfect city bag – supple, lightweight and forever in style.”
What Size Do I Have:
The Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandoulière and The Louis Vuitton Speedy both come in 4 sizes (25, 30, 35, and 40). My speedy Bandoulière is the size 30. I love this size because it fits everything I need without being too large. I’m 5 foot 4.5 inches for reference. I felt like this bag size looked best on me when I tried different sizes.
What Is The Difference Between the Speedy and Speedy Bandoulière?
The difference between the Speedy and Speedy Bandoulière is that the Bandoulière is more structured than the regular speedy. It features leather details on the side of the bag and has a clip for a removable strap. The Bandoulière strap is adjustable and can be worn as a cross body, shoulder bag or handbag. I love the versatility of this bag. I feel like it can be hard to find a stylish large cross body sometimes.
What Pattern Do I have?
I have the traditional monogram pattern with a brown interior. Unlike the Neverfull, you don’t have different options for the interior. The interior color is based on the pattern you choose. The Speedy and Speedy Bandoulière have many pattern options available.
What Do I Carry In It?
I love to use my Speedy Bandoulière for everyday and for traveling because of the cross body feature. I typically wear mine as a shoulder bag or handbag, but the cross body is perfect for traveling. I like to carry a small makeup bag, sunglasses, my matching keychain wallet with my car keys, and my camera if I’m traveling. Unlike the Neverfull, it will not fit a laptop. One of my favorite features that seems to be included in most larger Louis Vuitton bags is that it has a little ring inside where I can clip my keychain wallet with my car keys.
- Works for many occasions: Business, travel, everyday casual, slightly dressed up.
- The size is very practical and holds everything I need. It will not fit a laptop, but I rarely bring my laptop anywhere.
- Has a zipper
- The canvas cleans off easily with a fragrance-free baby wipe.
- Small interior pocket and clip for a keychain wallet.
- The dark brown interior doesn’t show dirt and wipes off easily
- Can be worn on your arm, shoulder, or as a cross body
- Never goes out of style; it’s a very iconic Louis Vuitton purse
- Holds up very well
- The extra strap makes it more structured than the regular speedy. In my opinion, I do think it’s worth getting the extra strap if you want a more structured look/more ways to wear the bag
- The straps are a light colored leather that eventually tans. When you first get the bag, you have to be careful to not get stains on the light leather. Eventually it tans into a camel-colored leather.
- The luxury price tag
- It won’t fit a laptop
- It does slouch a little bit if you don’t have much inside it. I bought this shaper to make it have a more structured look.
- It can be a little hard to find things inside if you don’t keep it organized. This is why I include a small makeup bag in it.
Is It Worth The Price?
In my own personal opinion, I do think it’s 100% worth the price. It’s so classic and will never go out of style. It is a bit of an investment, but I believe Louis Vuitton bags hold their value.
This is probably tied for my favorite bag I own with my Louis Vuitton Neverfull. If you’re on the fence about getting this bag, I definitely recommend it.
About My Outfit:
When I saw this skirt, I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous color. I decided to pair it with a casual and fun t-shirt, then add a leather jacket for a chic look. The skirt runs true to size and is beautiful. The top also runs true to size, but I did size up so I could tie it.