Shop My Outfit:
Use code abyers315 for 15% off my bag
Over the weekend I celebrated my 5th blogging anniversary and 4th year since I rebranded to “A Byers Guide.” The little hobby I started during Jake’s hardest year of medical school has become such a huge part of my life (full story on how I started blogging here). What an amazing past 5 years it has been! I have been the least consistent this year because Scarlett is obviously my first priority and I have found myself wanting to be more active on blogging and less active on social media. I wanted to share 5 goals that I have in hopes to holding me accountable.
My Blogging Goals For the Year:
- Be more consistent: Realistically it’s a lot harder to blog now that we have Scarlett. My first priority is being present in her life! I would love to be able to write one short blog post a week. I think it would be manageable if I can make it part of my routine.
- Create useful content: I have found that my honest reviews of products and blog posts sharing my experiences, like travel, have been my most popular. I plan to take y’all along to Raleigh/Durham, NC this year (we move this summer).
- Reach out to brands: I have gotten in the habit of waiting for brands to come to me and I want to be better at reaching out to ones I genuinely love.
- Focus more on my blog and less on Instagram
- Create a capsule wardrobe: I have been selling a lot of my clothes to declutter in anticipation for our move. I am trying to replace them with better quality items and create more of a capsule wardrobe. I plan to share how I sell my clothes and share as I update with better basics that I love.
My Top Blog Posts Of The Year:
- 20 things my 20s taught me: I turned 30 last year and loved getting to reflect on what my 20s taught me. So far my 30s have been amazing. I am turning 31 in a couple of weeks.
- 5 things that have made me a happier mom: I love sharing about motherhood and plan to share more this year. Being Scarlett’s mom is my favorite thing.
- Courtney’s 2021 gift guide
- Scarlett’s first birthday party: I absolutely loved planning Scarlett’s first birthday and have already picked her 2nd birthday party theme.
- Tips for traveling with a baby/Scarlett’s first Texas trip: I am so glad we finally have been able to travel again this year.
About My Outfit:
I love to celebrate my blogging anniversary by taking photos in a fancy outfit. As soon as I saw this pink Chicwish dress and white faux fur coat I knew I needed them for my blog anniversary photos. It’s so gorgeous and absolutely a “Courtney dress.” The dress runs a little big, but true to the sizing chart. I picked my size based on my measurements (I sized down from my normal size) and the dress fits perfectly. The best part is that it doesn’t need a bra. The little coat runs true to size too. It adds a lot to the dress and is also perfect to elevate jeans too. This little pink bag also adds a lot to the look and is so gorgeous.
I will share my 2021 recap and 2022 word of the year Thursday! I am a little behind on getting back to blogging after Christmas and New Year’s, but am excited to get back.