Shop This Look:
Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve had a major handbag obsession. Before I was even a teenager, we had to do a research paper in one of my classes and got to pick the subject. No surprise, I chose Louis Vuitton as my topic. At the age of 13, after begging my parents, I got my first designer bag: a Coach purse for a Christmas present. It’s all been downhill from there.
My mom always says, “Louis Vuitton bags are an investment because they are timeless and hold up well.” This inspired me to want one and save up for it. When I turned 16, I bought my first Louis Vuitton with my own money in the Papillion style. I saved up all of my birthday/Christmas money and all my babysitting money for a long time until I could finally afford it. I just sold that one on Postmark recently, and it was in amazing condition after 12 years. Ever since the Neverfull style Louis Vuitton came out in 2007, I had it on my wish list. I am blessed that my in-laws bought it for me as a Christmas gift 2 years ago.
What size do I have?:
The Louis Vuitton Neverfull comes in three different sizes: PM (small), MM (medium) and GM (large). After studying this bag and seeing it being carried by several ladies around my height, I decided the MM (medium) worked best for me.
What Pattern Do I have?:
I have the Damier Ebene with the red interior. I chose the Damier because I have two other LV bags in the traditional monogram print. I wanted to change things up and always loved this print. I love the Damier because the it’s easy to clean it off with gentle, no-fragrance baby wipes. The monogram print, on the other hand, comes with light colored leather straps. It eventually tans due to the oils on your skin. I am always scared I’ll stain it before it tans though, so with my others I was a little anxious about using them at first. Luckily my bags in the monogram print have already tanned. I am happy with the print I selected and someday want to get a bag in the Damier Azur (white and grey version of this pattern).
What Do I Carry In It?
This bag truly earns its name, as it is “Neverfull”. I use it for everyday and for traveling. It can hold my laptop or my camera, which is why I take it on a lot of trips. One of my favorite features that seems to be included in most larger Louis Vuitton bags is that it has a little ring inside where I can clip my keychain wallet with my car keys. It also comes with a matching clutch, so you get two Louis Vuitton bags for the purchase of one!
- Size: it literally never gets full.
- Doesn’t get dirty easy in damier pattern/cleans off easy with gentle non-fragranced baby wipes.
- Interior pocket and clip for a wallet.
- Can condense to make it look a little different.
- Comes with small clutch inside that can be clipped to the ring, for easy ability to find important things or so no one can easily reach in and grab things.
- Can be worn on the shoulder or as a handbag.
- Structured shape.
- Never goes out of style.
- Wears well overall, but does have a few spots of wear on the straps . It doesn’t bother this OCD girl though.
- Doesn’t have a zipper; for this reason, I wouldn’t be comfortable taking it on our upcoming Paris trip due to pickpocketing. It does have a pocket you can zip inside.
- It is pricy.
- You do have to break the straps in- at first it was not a comfortable bag to wear, but it does become comfortable after use.
- It could have more organizational pockets for things like cellphones. You can buy organizers though.
Is It Worth The Price?
In my own personal opinion, I do think it’s 100% worth the price. It’s so classic and will never go out of style.
This is probably tied for my favorite bag I own with my Louis Vuitton Speedy. If you’re on the fence about getting this bag, I definitely recommend it.
Would you like to see a review on the Speedy Bandouliere?