In honor of my birthday, I thought I would do something more personal and share 27 facts about myself that you probably do not know.
- I love to paint and have always been the type of person who needs a project so I don’t get bored. Before blogging, my #1 project was decorating our home, which included making some paintings.
- I have always loved fashion and get this from my mom. She is always dressed to the nines, so I didn’t stand a chance to not love fashion too.
- My middle name is Lisa, which is my mom’s first name.
- Both my hubby and I are left handed. We’re the only ones in our immediate families who are lefties, so we wonder if at least one of our kids will be lefties too (well, I wonder that, but Mr. Science says it’s not hereditary).
- Jake and I are huge winos. I started my love of wine with sweet reds and reisling. I am a lover of all things sweet, but now I cannot drink sweet wines. My favorite is cabernet sauvignon or pinot noir. I usually prefer my coffee black, too, unless it’s a latte.
- I am obsessed with traveling. I was blessed to get to study abroad in Europe in college for a few weeks one summer. This was one of the best experiences I have had. I recently have gotten the travel bug and would love to take my husband to Europe someday.
- I was born and raised in the Dallas/Fort Worth area in Texas. My brother attended college at Oklahoma State University and, after visiting him, I knew I wanted to go there for college as well. I fell in love with the team spirt and beautiful campus. I have lived in Oklahoma ever since, and my brother and I even both married Okies.
- We have a 15 pound Maine Coon Kitty named Wom-Wom. You can read the story of how she got her name name here. At first we did not like each other, but now we are the best of friends. Jake and I call her our daughter.
- When you first meet me, I can be a little on the reserved side. Once you get to know me, I definitely get past that. Blogging has really helped me get out of my comfort zone and helped me overcome my shyness. I have followed other fashion bloggers for years and always wanted to be a blogger myself. I am so thankful I started a blog.
- I have apparently always wanted to marry a doctor. I completely forgot about this fact, but was reminded recently at one of my best friend’s weddings. Her dad reminded me that we were going around the room when we were about 13 years old sharing what we wanted to be when we grow up. I told my friends I wanted to marry a doctor (I am soooo embarrassed I said that). Little did I know this would become true, but gosh, getting through medical school is a lot of work and graduation has been a long time coming. Being married to a medical student is very challenging, but I wouldn’t change it for the world.
- You may have seen on Monday’s post here that I’m a huge foodie. Brunch is one of my favorite meals and Mexican is my go-to type of food as well.
- During the week I do a low carb diet. I try to not eat bread after breakfast. On Saturday, I reward myself with a splurge meal. I have been able to easily maintain my weight this way.
- I have a degree in Public Relations and work in Marketing.
- In college I was a member of Zeta Tau Alpha. My mom was a Zeta too, so it is a special bond we share.
- Before my husband and I were even engaged, I called him hubs. I remember one time my brother saw this in my phone and he freaked out.
- I believe everything happens for a reason and fully believe in new chapters. My husband proposed on the day of our graduation from college. You can see the story here.
- My husband and I got married on his 24th birthday.
- My grandparents are some of the most important people in my life. I work with seniors for my full-time job and it has been so fulfilling. I adore the seniors I work with and get attached to them.
- Jake and I met at a party in college. I wasn’t supposed to go out that particular night (a dumb rule my sorority had) and Jake almost stayed at home because he was exhausted that night but some friends dragged him along. I’m so glad we both ended up going!
- I am missing two bottom teeth and have dental implants. I always forget about them.
- I have a handbag obsession. I got my first designer bag (Coach) at 13 and it’s been an obsession ever since.
- I have tattooed eyeliner. I did both my eyelid and my lower lash line, but I still draw it on my eyelid. Eyeshadow tends to cover it on my eyelid. I got it done in college and still have not needed it redone.
- I am obsessed with Lilly Pulitzer. I got a Lilly bedspread when I turned 16. When my parents moved and were fixing up my new bedroom, I told them I still wanted a Lilly room. Here is a picture of that room.
- I told my hubby I was allergic to cats when I first met Wom-Wom because I didn’t use to like them. Now I’m basically a crazy cat lady.
- Mom’s due date for me was Valentine’s Day. I think this is why I love pink so much!
- This is going to sound very weird as a fashion blogger, but I don’t usually love to shop in store unless I am looking for something particular. I order most of my clothes online. I’m also not one of those people who shops just to shop; I don’t like to go to Chanel or other expensive stores because I know I’m not going to be able to buy anything there, so I just don’t even waste my time going in there.
- They say opposites attract, but Jake and I are pretty much the same person. We have similar personalities and love to do most of the same things.
P.S. This outfit would be PERFECT for Valentine’s Day. Stay tuned for some Valentine’s Day content soon. If you would like to read more facts about me, make sure to check this recent Q&A out here.
Shop This Look:
(I am wearing a size small in the dress)