Happy Thursday! With it finally being early spring, transitional outfits are my go-to right now. When I have woken up recently, I don’t know what to wear with the back and forth weather. Recently, Jake’s family came down to take us out to dinner at The Drake for a belated birthday celebration. I wanted to wear a dress because, to me, they are easy to transition. Plus, dresses are my favorite anyways. The weather in OKC is not quite warm enough to show your legs off without tights, so here are a few tips that I use when trying to make a dress transition into spring.
6 Tips To Make Your Dress Transition Into Spring:
- Boots/Booties: When trying to make an outfit transitional, I love to add tall over-the-knee boots or booties. Boots help keep you warm and they make your dress transition into early spring weather. Colors like gray, light tan, and cognac are perfect transitional shoe colors.
- Tights: When it’s still a little chilly, I frequently wear light weight tights. I love to pair them with booties.
- Floral Patterns: Adding a floral pattern like the pattern on this dress is the perfect way to transition into spring.
- Accessories: I added blush colored bag to really help this outfit transition into spring. Adding white accessories or light metallics is another way to help transition your outfit into spring.
- Pastel Colors: Pastels are always in for spring. This light powder blue and blush are probably my two favorite colors right now.
- Add a Light Coat or Jacket: Although it is not pictured, I paired this dress with the blush coat from this post. This coat is light weight and helps you wear the dress you want on a chilly spring day.
Thank you for reading! I hope you all have a blessed weekend.
P.S. I hope y’all enjoyed a “different” kind of post on Monday by Jake explaining the residency match process. The countdown is getting real (1 week, 1 day left until Match Day).
Shop This Look: