Shop My Outfit:
Christmas is less than two weeks away and I’m enjoying every minute of it. I have many magical memories of Christmas time with my family from growing up. Now that I am a mom, I’m enjoying seeing Christmas through Scarlett’s eyes and cannot wait to create magical memories for her. After having a child, Christmas is infinitely more magical. This is our last Christmas in Birmingham (Bham Christmas suggestions here), so I’m trying to really embrace our last Christmas season living here. I wanted to share 5 ways I’m doing this.
5 ways I’m Embracing The Christmas Season:
- Focus on the real meaning of the season: It’s so easy to get caught up in finding the perfect gift, the beautiful lights, and other material things. I am trying to focus on the real meaning of Christmas: Jesus’ birth. When Scarlett is older, I plan to have a birthday cake to make a special celebrations for Jesus’ birth.
- Slow down and embrace the season: When I think about my childhood, I mostly remember the happy moments spent together and not specific toys I received. I’m trying to slow down and not overload our calendar and instead just take in each Christmas-time moment. December is flying by, so I am really trying to soak it all in and not rush things.
- Advent calendar: I got Scarlett an advent calendar this year and we’re loving changing the day each day. As she gets older we plan to do little activities/devotionals. This helps me really focus on the real meaning too.
- Not traveling on Christmas: We absolutely love to travel, but now that we have a little one we are so glad family is coming to us for Christmas. I wish we lived closer and we plan to some day soon. Before Scarlett was born, we used to take a trip around Christmas each year, but we are most likely not doing that this year so we can embrace the season. If we do take a little trip, it will be last minute and laid back.
- Festive outfits: Y’all know I am all about fashion and love dressing for the Christmas/holiday season. I especially love red/greens this time of year. This top and skirt are both from Chicwish and are so gorgeous. I love the bow detail on the skirt. It’s so classy and ladylike. This top is also a great staple that I will pair with so many different skirts. Both pieces run true to size and are perfect to create a festive look. I wore this outfit for our family Santa pics and the green is so easy to coordinate for family photos (Scarlett wasn’t a fan of Santa unfortunately). The midi length is so classy and it’s perfect for family photos. Photos are so hard with Scarlett now, so we only did a few quick ones. I also got the skirt in a shorter red version that I’ll share soon.
How are you embracing the season?