Shop My Outfit: Code abyers315 for 15% off my sequin jacket
Christmas is only 34 days away! Can you believe it? Christmas is absolutely my favorite holiday because of the meaning and also the festive time of year. I love to take advantage of all the holiday activities and events. I have been researching the must-do Christmas activities in Birmingham. I thought it would be fun to share on this month’s Bite Size Birmingham series blog post. Many of these events are coming up this week, so I wanted to share it sooner rather than later.
Must-Do Christmas Activities in Bham:
- Now through Jan, 5, 2020: Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland: The Birmingham Race Course is transformed into a drive-through Christmas light show.
- Now through Jan. 5, 2020: Brrrmingham Ice Skating At Railroad Park
- Now through December 14th: North Pole Express: Experience a magical train ride at The Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum’s North Pole Express. See Santa and Mrs. Claus, have some treats, and take part in holiday sing-alongs. I’ve heard this is a great activity for kids.
- Nov. 21-23: Junior League of Birmingham’s Market Noel: Get your holiday shopping done and contribute to a good cause. See more about the event here.
- Nov. 22 from 5-8 p.m.: Lights Up at The Summit: Kick off the beginning of the holiday season seeing The Summit turn their Christmas lights on. The event will feature fireworks and Santa will even make an appearance.
- Nov. 25-Dec. 30:Miracle, The Christmas Popup Bar at Queens Park: This bar is transformed into a Christmas pop up bar. They have excellent cocktails and beautiful decor. We went last year and had a blast!
- Tuesday, December 3: Holiday Open House at Pepper Place from 5-8:00p.m. Get your holiday shopping done, see beautiful décor, participate in the Inaugural window contest, sip cocktails, have small bites and more. See all about the event here.
- Dec. 1 at Noon: Festival of Trees at The Pizitz: This is another fun shopping event with local vendors, live music and photos with Santa.
- Dec. 5 at 6:30 p.m.: Lighting of the Star in Downtown Homewood: See the gorgeous Homewood downtown all lit up for the first time this year.
- Dec. 7 and Dec. 8: Christmas at Arlington: Tour the gorgeous and decorated Arlington Antebellum House, have refreshments with Santa and more.
- Dec. 11: Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the BJCC
- Dec. 14: CahaBAZAAR Holiday Market: A fun event at Cahaba Brewing involving food trucks, photo ops with Santa, interactive art, a free hot chocolate bar and new releases of some special beers, and more. See more about the event here.
- Dec. 3-23: Magic Of Lights- Vulcan’s Holiday Lights: See some gorgeous lights at one of the most iconic spots in Birmingham. This event will start each night at 6:00 p.m. at the top of the hour and last until 10:00 p.m. See more about the event and prices here.
- Dec. 6-22: Holiday Film Series at The Alabama Theatre: The Alabama Theatre is a very iconic spot in Birmingham. Each year The Alabama Theatre shows classic Christmas movies during the month of December like “Elf,” “Home Alone,” and more. See the schedule and prices here.
- Dec. 6-8, Dec. 13-23, Dec. 26-30: Zoolight Safari at Birmingham Zoo: See millions of lights brightly shining at the Birmingham Zoo.
- Dec. 7 and Dec. 14th: Old Baker Farm’s 3rd Annual Christmas Tree Lighting: Sip hot cocoa, listen to live music, see a live Nativity, do some Christmas shopping and enjoy food trucks. We went there in October for their pumpkin patch, and they have a beautiful Christmas tree farm too.
- Dec. 13-15, Dec. 20-22: See The Nutcracker performed by the Alabama Ballet.
P.S. I will be sharing HUGE news on my blog post on Monday that you won’t want to miss. The news will go live on my blog first, so make sure to subscribe here.