Recently I stumbled upon some hurtful threads talking about bloggers and even found some comments about myself. I keep seeing other bloggers get hateful comments on posts and this has got to stop! We need to lift each other up and not bring each other down. If you don’t like following someone, then DON’T! If you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say it at all. This is the motto I live by. In light of finding these comments, I am choosing to spread kindness. Today my hopes are that I can inspire you to spread random acts of kindness.
I am excited to partner with Be Good To People to share how to create a kinder world and spread the love in honor of Random Acts Of Kindness Week (Feb. 11-18) and Valentine’s Day. BGTP is a brand based out of Colorado (read more about the brand’s story below).
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” 1 John 4:7-8
I saw this bible verse recently on someone’s email signature and it really spoke to me. God wants us to love one another and this brings me back to the cardinal rule: treat each other how you would like to be treated. I always try to remind myself that you never know what someone is going through, so I think it’s important to be kind to everybody. The littlest things can brighten someone’s day, so I am sharing ways to do random acts of kindness and create a kinder world.
16 Random Act Of Kindness Ideas
- Smile at a stranger- This simple effort doesn’t cost a thing and can brighten someone’s day.
- Bring Valentines or flowers to the elderly at an assisted living or nursing facility.
- Make treats for the police or fire station or a neighbor and bring them on Valentine’s Day.
- Pay for an elderly person who is eating alone’s meal. This would absolutely brighten their day.
- Let someone get over in front of you when driving. I am not always the best at this one, but this little act can make someone’s day.
- Open the door for someone.
- Pay for someone’s order behind you in a drive thru.
- Pay for someone’s parking that is about to expire by adding quarters to the meter.
- Donate clothes to the women’s shelter.
- Put dollar bills in the toy aisle- I read about this and how neat would this be for a child to find.
- Say “thank you” to someone who is working hard. People don’t hear thank you enough.
- Put change in a vending machine for the next person.
- Send a care package to someone in the military or someone who is down.
- Help an elderly person carry groceries to their car.
- Give a compliment.
- Tell the people who you love that you love them.
More about Be Good To People:
After being treated rudely, the founder was inspired to make a shirt that said, “Be Good To People.” This random encounter has forever changed her life and her experience has inspired others daily. She brands her items in black and white because kindness is that simple. I chose to style mine with bold colors and symbols of love too. For every BGTP item sold, 5% goes to their non-profit. This message reminds me to be the good you want to see in the world. You can check their store out here. Use promo code: BYERSRAK18 for 15% off total purchase.
There are still so many good people in this world! I want to encourage you to go out and do a random act of kindness this week and post about it with #bgtp and #rak18 and nominate someone else. Don’t forget to tag me @abyersguide and @begoodtopeople. You can also comment below to tell me how you plan to do a RAK.
My posting schedule is going to be a little different this week. I am sharing my next blog post on Wednesday in honor of Valentine’s Day, so stay tuned. Make sure to subscribe to my blog here, so you don’t miss a post.