Happy Thursday! I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas. I cannot believe it, but we are down to just a few days until 2018. I have mentioned it several times recently, but 2018 is a year I have been very excited about since 2013 (the year Jake was accepted into medical school). It’s a year that never felt like it would ever actually get here. With a huge upcoming year of finding out where Jake matches and his graduation, this will be the best year yet! I have been reflecting on 2017 lately and have come up with 18 New Year resolutions for 2018.
I wanted to also share this adorable velvet SheIn dress with y’all. How cute would it be for NYE or for all winter then into spring? I paired it with a gold bag and statement earrings to dress it up for the holiday festivities. I used to think you couldn’t pair navy and black, but I paired this with sheer black tights and black over-the-knee leather boots and liked the color combo. It’s a little cold lately, so tights were necessary. This dress is not super fitted, so I did size down.
Shop This Outfit:
18 New Year Resolutions For 2018:
1. Stick with my Monday and Thursday blog schedule– I used to do 3x a week and I find the 2 times is way better for me. I want to continue with this.
2. Revamp My Blog– This is a huge goal for me that I am planning to have happen soon. 2018 is bringing big new changes and I hope one of those is my blog. Make sure to subscribe to my blog, so you don’t miss my huge changes soon.
3. Let Jake’s Match Results Be In God’s Hands- I am such a control freak and want to know where we will be right now. I have my location preferences, but I am not in charge. I am trying to remember that God has a plan for us and I cannot control this. Even if we end up somewhere that’s not the top on my list, everything happens for a reason. I will make the most of where we end up.
4. Travel Often- With interview season winding down, Jake will have more free time (he is basically off the whole time from January to mid-June; I’m jealous!). I hope to take several trips to celebrate this once in a lifetime chance to travel. I especially want to travel a lot in the US. I have been to Europe, but realized I haven’t been to New York and finally crossed California off of my travel list this summer.
5. Attend Church- I really want to find a church group to be more active in now that Jake’s about to be more free.
6. Plan Ahead- I am usually an organized person, but have found myself taking on too much. I am planning to take a brief blog break after the New Year to get refreshed and hopefully come up with fresh content. If you have any post ideas please let me know. I will make sure to let you all know before I take the break.
7. Spend Less Time On My Phone- With all of the changes on Instagram, I feel pressured to be on my phone a lot. I am hoping to come up with a better schedule like maybe posting in the morning, so I can spend more time away from my phone.
8. Re-Purpose More Outfits- I love shopping and buying new things, but I would like to make the most of my wardrobe and buy less. Outfits can be styled so many different ways, so I would love to share more posts like this.
9. Invest In More Staple Items In My Wardrobe- Don’t get me wrong, I love trendy pieces. I would like to invest in more staples this year. I have noticed many staple pieces missing, so I am planning to buy those items before trendy items.
10. Try New Restaurants– It has hit me that we might move, so I have compiled a list of restaurants I would love to try in OKC in case we move. Jake and I are huge foodies and haven’t been in OKC much lately. I want to make a point to try a new restaurant maybe every other week.
11. Date Night Weekly– This was one of the goals we set during our meetings with our pastor before we got married, and I’m proud to say we have been successful with this, and I want to keep it up. It gives us something to look forward to.
12. Cook More – When we first got married, I cooked at least 5x a week. We started to both gain weight, so I switched to healthier recipes. As I’ve added the blog to my life and with busy travels, I am finding myself cooking less. My goal is to cook during the week.
13. Become A Morning Person- Anyone that knows me will laugh about this one. In order to have a better balance with life and my blog, I really want to have time in the morning to work on my blog. I am hoping to start going to bed earlier and waking up earlier, so I can have a little time to work on my blog in the mornings.
14. Find A Consistent Workout Schedule- My schedule is so inconsistent for working out, so I want to stick to a 2-3 time a week schedule.
15. Come Up With A Cleaning Schedule- My house has been so so messy lately and it’s overwhelming me. I want to come up with a schedule to do a little daily to keep cleaning easier instead of doing it all in one day.
16. Save Money- Jake and I are both very frugal. I get this from my dad! I am the type that will stalk our credit card statement and text Jake and ask what he spent $6 on. Being frugal is a good thing in my opinion. I want to come up with a budget and try to save more money.
17. Give Back- There are so many people in need, so I plan to go through my closet and donate some clothing to local places in need. I hope to find other ways to give back as well.
18. Start Talking About Having A Family- I really debated on sharing this very personal resolution. I don’t think it’s a secret that I have always wanted children. The funny thing is, two separate times in the past few months, I have had little kids ask me if I have kids. With Jake’s busy medical school schedule the past 3 years, we agreed to wait to start talking about kids until he graduates. We want to first enjoy some couple time after he graduates, and then we will start talking about the right time. Don’t get too excited yet, this doesn’t necessarily mean I am trying to get pregnant anytime soon! This subject has been out of the question for the past few years, and it’s finally almost time to revisit it. Where we end up for residency will make a huge difference on timing, as it would not be fun to have to pack up and move to a different state while pregnant!
What do you want to see on my blog for 2018? I would love your input on types of post you want to see or ideas.