I cannot believe 2017 is over and it’s officially 2018.
2017 has been one for the books and it has given me so many opportunities and memories that I never thought would be possible. Here are my favorite memories (in no particular order).
- Starting my blog- On January 14, 2017, I started my blog. I never in a million years thought I would build up the courage to launch my blog, but I am so proud of myself for doing it. It has been such an amazing experience, allowing me to use my creativity and creating a fun hobby. I have also connected with so many bloggers who have become wonderful friends to me. I have been so blessed to have the opportunity to collaborate with many brands. I am so thankful for this opportunity and cannot wait for the future. You can find my first blog post here.
- Hitting 10k on Instagram–
Although the new algorithm is really frustrating me, I cannot believe I hit 10 thousand followers on Instagram this year! I am so honored and never in a million years thought I would hit this goal. You can see my post with tips on growing your Instagram accounthere.
- Visiting California– It has been a dream of mine to visit California. This is the trip that I think gave us the travel bug. I had visited Europe, but not Cali. I got to cross both L.A. and Malibu off of my list. Visiting Rodeo Drive was a dream come true! You can see my California posts here (Malibu) , here (Rodeo Drive) and Here (Manhattan Beach).
- Visiting Nashville– What a charming little place! I can honestly see us moving there someday. You can see my Nashville posts here and here.
- Jake getting initiated into Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society- What an honor! Jake has worked harder than anyone I’ve seen these last 3+ years. Getting into AOA is such a prestigious honor that only up to a maximum of 1/6th of each medical school class gets. I am so proud of him for this honor.
Although 2017 has been wonderful, I am so excited for 2018. I have said it many times, but we find out Jake’s Match results March 16 and he graduates in May. We have many plans to do a lot of traveling. In fact, our first scheduled trip is on Friday, when we head to Denver. Before we went to L.A., the only trip we had gone on by ourselves since getting married was our honeymoon, so we have a lot of catching up on traveling to do. The travel bug has hit us hard!
Here are some places we are considering visiting:
- Possibly Vegas in February or March (we have both been before, but haven’t been since Jake started med school)
- Atlantic City for Jake’s sister’s 21st birthday
- NYC- We want to take a trip to NYC when we are up for her B-day
- We are dying to visit the Kentucky Derby
- New Orleans- I went at age 16 and want to visit now that I’m an adult
- Charleston, South Carolina
- The Wine Country in California
Thank you to all of my readers for your continuous support. Make sure to check out my 18 resolutions for 2018 here.
Happy New Year!! Love the reflection of your past year. It’s been so much fun to follow along!
Happy new year to y’all too. I’ve enjoyed following y’all too
If you officially decide on Charleston, let us know!!!!
Yes absolutely. I’m dying to visit.
Happy New Year! Your 2017 was quite productive.
Best wishes on making new memories!
Happy New Year! Yes it was amazing. I hope your 2018 is great 🙂
Sounds like 2017 was a great year for you! I hope 2018 is just as wonderful 🙂
Taylor | http://www.livingtaylored.com
It really amazing! I am so looking forward to this year though. Happy New Year, girl! SO glad we connected.
Hi Courtney, I hope 2018 is off to a good start for both of you in this big year you will have!! I missed your first blog post , I am not sure when I started following , but such a cute outfit you had to start off!! so Feminine. Good for you taking the first step, look at you now , your posts are fabulous . I would not have a connection with you without this blog! I remember you holding up the 10 , and I was so in love with that pretty dress you were wearing! The California trip post I remember , I loved the picnic outfit and you in rodeo drive with people trying to figure out who the celebrity was in the black dress!! Some great fall pics from Nashville , I hope to visit someday too. The last one must be so wonderful for you both , and you probably get to move to a new exciting city! Such a cute couple you make! Take care My Friend, hugs, Terri xo.
Aw thank you so much, Terri! So far it is been good. I hope your 2018 is off to a good start too. I am soooo glad we connected too. One of my favorite part about blogging is all of the connections i’ve made and friendships. It makes it so fun to have support from other ladies. Thank you for following along. I will continue to enjoy your blog too.
2018 is good if not a little chilly Courtney minus 11F right now, brrr.. I am glad to be here to support you , my blog is pretty simple , but I love you enjoy following , Have a nice Thursday, hugs, Terri xo.
Oh goodness that’s cold. We’ve had cold weather too but more like 20 degrees. Happy Thursday
We both started our blogs last January. Good for us! If you really want to go to the KY Derby, wear comfortable shoes. You’ll stand all day if you buy general admission tickets or you’ll pay big $$$ for a seat. Last year we did both – paid for an unsheltered seat and it rained so we stood under the GA cover for quite a bit of time.
That’s so exciting! My anniversary is coming up so soon! I am so glad I started mine and I bet you feel the same way.
Thank you for the KY Derby tips, so appreciated! These are great. We are really really considering going.
10K on insta? Thats amazing! Would love any tips!
we went to Cali this past year as well. We just came back from Atlantic City, its one of our favorites! Cheers to a happy and healthy 2018!
It is! When I first started my hubby was in his hardest year of med school, so I pretty much was on Insta 24/7. Now that he is less busy in his last year I am not on as much and have seen my growth slow down. Nevertheless it is still amazing. I did a blog post here: https://lifeofamedschoolwife.com/2017/06/15/tips-to-organically-grow-your-instagram-account/ with my tips. I would say I grew the fastest when I posted 2x daily, but that is too much for me now. Now I do about 4-5x a week and its easier to balance.
I am glad to hear you loved Atlantic City. My hubbys sister lives near there and that’s the destination she picked. If you have any must-do/ restaurant recommendations i’d love to hear them. Happy 2018. I hope you have a wonderful year.
Looks like you had a fabulous 2017! Congrats on your almost 1 year anniversary of your blog too. Best Wishes for 2018.
2017 was wonderful. I hope yours was too! Thank you so much. I am excited for year two of my blog. Happy 2018
You go, girl!!!!! I had no idea you started your blog this time last year – HUGE congrats on the success you’ve had so far! You def deserve it!! Happy 2018 🙂
Aw thank you so much, sweet girl! You’re so sweet. It has been such a fun journey and came at the perfect time. I started when my hubby was in his busiest time of med school and it basically became my life. Now that he’s a lot more free I have been laying back a little and enjoying our time. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed 2018.
Love your post, Courtney! Always good to look back at all the amazing memories. All the best for 2018, dear!!
Aw thanks, Celeste! It really is so fun. I hope you have a blessed 2018. I am so so glad we connected in 2017.
Wow you started your blog and got 10k in the same year? Awesome!
Yes, it was a big accomplishment I never thought would be possible. I started during my hubby’s busiest time in med school and pretty much all I did when I was off my full-time job I was doing nothing but blogging/ Instagram. Now that he is way more free, I have really limited my time on Insta/ the blog. My growth hasn’t been as fast lately, but it’s all about balance. I hope you have a blessed 2018.
Happy (belated) New Year! I can’t believe you’ve only been blogging for one year! You are a pro! And what a wonderful year you’ve had! Here’s to a wonderful 2018 too. 🙂
Aw thank you. I had a little background from my schooling, but I spent long hours trying to learn. It’s been so fun. Happy 2018.