I cannot believe 2017 is over and it’s officially 2018.
2017 has been one for the books and it has given me so many opportunities and memories that I never thought would be possible. Here are my favorite memories (in no particular order).
- Starting my blog- On January 14, 2017, I started my blog. I never in a million years thought I would build up the courage to launch my blog, but I am so proud of myself for doing it. It has been such an amazing experience, allowing me to use my creativity and creating a fun hobby. I have also connected with so many bloggers who have become wonderful friends to me. I have been so blessed to have the opportunity to collaborate with many brands. I am so thankful for this opportunity and cannot wait for the future. You can find my first blog post here.
- Hitting 10k on Instagram–
Although the new algorithm is really frustrating me, I cannot believe I hit 10 thousand followers on Instagram this year! I am so honored and never in a million years thought I would hit this goal. You can see my post with tips on growing your Instagram accounthere.
- Visiting California– It has been a dream of mine to visit California. This is the trip that I think gave us the travel bug. I had visited Europe, but not Cali. I got to cross both L.A. and Malibu off of my list. Visiting Rodeo Drive was a dream come true! You can see my California posts here (Malibu) , here (Rodeo Drive) and Here (Manhattan Beach).
- Visiting Nashville– What a charming little place! I can honestly see us moving there someday. You can see my Nashville posts here and here.
- Jake getting initiated into Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society- What an honor! Jake has worked harder than anyone I’ve seen these last 3+ years. Getting into AOA is such a prestigious honor that only up to a maximum of 1/6th of each medical school class gets. I am so proud of him for this honor.
Although 2017 has been wonderful, I am so excited for 2018. I have said it many times, but we find out Jake’s Match results March 16 and he graduates in May. We have many plans to do a lot of traveling. In fact, our first scheduled trip is on Friday, when we head to Denver. Before we went to L.A., the only trip we had gone on by ourselves since getting married was our honeymoon, so we have a lot of catching up on traveling to do. The travel bug has hit us hard!
Here are some places we are considering visiting:
- Possibly Vegas in February or March (we have both been before, but haven’t been since Jake started med school)
- Atlantic City for Jake’s sister’s 21st birthday
- NYC- We want to take a trip to NYC when we are up for her B-day
- We are dying to visit the Kentucky Derby
- New Orleans- I went at age 16 and want to visit now that I’m an adult
- Charleston, South Carolina
- The Wine Country in California
Thank you to all of my readers for your continuous support. Make sure to check out my 18 resolutions for 2018 here.