Are you planning a weekend trip and want to make the most of it? We are headed to Los Angeles today for Jake to take his final board exam before graduation. Our trip is just Thursday through Sunday, with us getting home about 11 p.m. Sunday night. Usually I am a planner, but Jake and I both have been so busy lately. I wanted to share some easy tips to focus on when planning a short vacation.
Since our time is so limited with Jake taking the exam Friday morning and on into the mid-afternoon, we had a coffee date this week to map out our trip.
Here are some tips for planning a trip/making the most out of your weekend.
- Budget: This is important to do because things add up before you know it. Research activities, cost of renting a car vs. Uber rates, and restaurants. We are both foodies and love the beach, so we reviewed menus of beachside restaurants to see if they fit into our budget. We also decided to do one nicer meal and the rest pretty casual to save money. We decided we wanted to check out many places, so we picked a more reasonable hotel.
- Make a list of what you want to do and prioritize: There is a ton to do in L.A. and we only have a short time. I have been asking friends and looking on Pinterest for L.A. guides. Also, Trip Advisor has been great. We really only have one full day and have 3 half days, so we prioritized what we wanted to do most and will do that on the full day. We saved the places closer to our hotel for the half days.
- Pack versatile pieces: When you only have so much time, you don’t want to waste time going back to the hotel to completely change. I packed a lot of looks that could go from day with flats to night with heels and a clutch.
- Don’t sleep in: I am a huge fan of sleeping in, but with limited time make sure to not sleep your vacation away.
- Clean your house before you leave: This may sound weird, but nothing is worse than coming home to a messy house. I make a point before I leave to straighten up our home and get extra organized. Before I left, I picked out my work clothing for the following week and got ingredients to make an easy crockpot meal for the following Monday.
During our coffee date, we both brought our laptops and did some research. Jake and I both have the same laptop, so I was excited that I recently received this adorable custom laptop skin. You get the option to customize your skin or you can pick one that they’ve already designed. For the laptop skin, I did one that was already made. I also picked out the matching custom iPhone case and added my blog logo to make it more personal. For the phone case, I chose the one with a little extra protection because I am known to drop my phone.
If you’ve never heard of Caseapp, it’s a company where you can customize cases to protect your electronic devices. As a blogger, I am on my phone and laptop a lot, so I definitely want something cute. I have definitely received TONS of compliments on my cases. Make sure to check them out at www.caseapp.com and use code MEDSCHOOLWIFE20 for 20% off.
Shop This Post:
iPhone Case/ Laptop Skin: CaseApp (Use Code MEDSCHOOLWIFE20 for 20% off) Dress: Here (Only $18, I’m wearing an XS) Earrings: Here Sunglasses: Here
OMG girl, they are so cute!!! I want some!!!
Yes you need one with your blog logo! They’re really reasonable and 20% off with promo code at the bottom
I completely agree with all of your tips! I especially try to make a point in doing the last one. I HATE coming home to a messy house. Hadn’t thought about the crock pot meal for the next day though! I’ll definitely be trying that next time.
Yes they make it so much easier. The easy crockpot trick definitely helps because you don’t even have to think about dinner that Monday. I’ll have to share my favorite recipes 😊
Sounds like great advice! Have a wonderful trip!
Thank you so much 💗
Love this post Courtney! So excited that you are coming to my side of the states! You are going to have so much fun! Make sure you plan for some traffic because it can get crazy!
Thanks, Morgan! I’m soooooo excited. Oh yes we are expecting lots of traffic. Friday and Saturday are the only days we are going to “far” places. The rest are close, but still take 30ish minutes it looks like.
Love the laptop and phone covers! So cute!
Taylor | http://www.livingtaylored.com
Have a wonderful trip!
Hi Courtney it is so important to bunches what you spend on vacation your money can go so fast if you’re not careful. You always need to spend time picking out the correct clothes and the accessories to go with them. Number 4 is so laugh out loud funny for me! I love coming home to a clean house after vacation but your words are going to make me double down on that even more and having food to come home to is a bonus too . Oh my gosh how cute is your laptop and iPhone! I love the cases you picked out for them you have me and Mini-Me right there! Enjoy your time in Los Angeles and see you soon hugs Terri ❤
Terri, yes it is. Vacas can be so expensive, so we have done research before we came. Yes, picking out the right clothing is soooo important. Especially comfy shoes. Hahaha yes it makes it so much better. thank you so much.
Oh gosh, your advice is all spot on! I’m really guilty of #4, but when you only have so much time it’s so important to make the most of it. I am drooling over your laptop case too! That is so beautiful!
I hope you guys have a great time in LA this weekend! Best of luck to your hubby on his exams!
Aw thank you for stopping by. Yes, these tips definitely help me. I am seriously obsessed with the cases. Thanks girl! It was a wonderful vacation
I love that laptop cover! Also, your tips are wonderful.
Thank you so much, Logan <3