Shop My Outfit:*Use Code: 1lifeo15 For 15% off my Lip Tee*
Valentine’s Day is exactly one week away. Although Jake and I will be celebrating toward the end of the month due to his schedule, I’ve been brainstorming some fun date night ideas. When Jake is super busy, planning future dates keeps me from getting down. I’ve mentioned it before, but Jake and I did pre-marriage counseling and one of our big goals was to always make time for a weekly date. With his crazy schedule right now, it can be hard to stick with this goal. We have been pretty successful though and I wanted to share some fun Valentine’s date ideas I’ve come up with so far. We’ve been married for over 4.5 years, and our marriage has taught us that dates don’t need to be elaborate; it’s all about the quality time together. I suggest putting your phone away and enjoying one of these dates below.
Valentine’s Day Date Night Ideas
- Wine Tasting at Home: Jake and I are both winos, but unfortunately the only winery in our area is about 40 minutes away and wine bars can get very expensive quick. Why not have your own wine tasting in the comfort of your home? I suggest going to Trader Joe’s or Sam’s Club and picking up a few bottles to try. Jake and I are both primarily red wine drinkers (and rosé in the summer), but we do enjoy champagne and an occasional white wine too. To make the night really special, you could even do cheese pairings as well. I also suggest Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods to make a cheese board. If you wanted to get really creative, you could do a blind taste test to identify wines and see who can guess them correctly. I think this is something we will have to do soon. Some of our favorite wines are Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon, Apothic Red Blend and Mumm Rosé Sparking Wine. Would y’all be interested in a blog post about my favorite wines? I have a big list of ones we love.
- Do A Class Together: One of my favorite dates is to do a wine and painting class. I haven’t done one in a while, but this is something you could easily do at home too. One of our local hotels has a wine blending class and also offers cooking classes. These are two things I’ve been dying to do in Birmingham.
- Cook Dinner Together: I am usually the one that cooks all meals, but it’s always so special when Jake and I cook together. He usually grills while I make the side dishes. Eating at restaurants can be very expensive, so I suggest sharing a nice meal at home. When you cook at home, you can do something a little fancier for a fraction of the restaurant price.
- Netflix Night: Jake and I are both obsessed with Netflix. We get into watching a show and end up binge watching the whole thing. To make a Netflix night special, I suggest getting take out and having a variety of your favorite snacks/drinks. I love saving certain shows to watch with Jake.
- Staycation/Be A Tourist In Your Own City: While Jake and I love to travel, it is nice to be a tourist in your own city. It’s fun to explore museums and big attractions that you would visit as a tourist. I have an eternally growing bucket list of local Birmingham things we want to do while living here.
- Go Out For Dessert/Appetizers or Bake At Home: I have the hugest sweet tooth, but usually when we go out to dinner I have no room for dessert. I suggest splitting appetizers and going out for dessert. This saves room and is cheaper than two entrees. If you’re a good baker, you could always bake at home, or if you have a fire pit like we do, make s’mores at home.
- Try A New Restaurant: Birmingham has so many amazing restaurants, but we do get into a routine of going to the same ones over and over. It’s always nice to branch out and try something new.
- Game Night: Recently I went to a ladies game night and thought it would be so fun to play games with Jake. If you have any fun game suggestions, let me know.
- Map Out Your Next Trip: When you’re not able to travel for a while, one of the most fun things to do is plan out future trips. We’re going to Paris/London in the spring, so I think a planning night with macaroons would be fun.
- Do A Hobby/Common Interest Together: Jake and I both love cats, so a trip to the cat adoption center would be right up our alley. Also, things like dates to Top Golf or the golf course are always fun. This will have to happen in the spring.
About The Outfit:
I’ve been wanting a lip tee for Valentine’s Day for a while and this one is way better quality than I expected. It runs true to size. I’ve had this pleated maxi skirt for years and loved dressing the tee up.
What are your Valentine’s Day plans?