Shop My Outfit:
Recently when I was selecting photos for a huge collaboration that I’m doing, the program on my computer crashed due to how full my laptop was (I’ve since backed it up and deleted the files). After restarting my computer, somehow my SD camera card got corrupted, causing me to lose access to all of the photos on the card. Due to a time crunch, I was unable to easily recover the photos and decided reshooting would be the only option. Although I take most of my photos myself, luckily Jake was home to help me reshoot. I also was grateful that I had already edited half of the photos and only had to reshoot half. At first I was really bummed, but chose to make the best out of the situation. I posted this on Instagram stories telling what happened and that it could’ve been worse. One of my photographer friends messaged back saying how he loves how positive I always am and to stay that way. It’s hard to not react negatively at first to situations like this, but choosing to be positive is so important. I chose to look at the positives: luckily I didn’t lose all of the photos, Jake was off that day and could help, the photos I lost were much easier to re-shoot than if I had lost the other photos, and that maybe my photos will actually be better this time due to time of day we were shooting. The funny thing is that I ordered this dress before all of this happened and, when it came, it inspired me to write this post. Note: this dress is a little thin, so I’m wearing a slip under it. It runs true to size. When I think of lemons, the saying “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade” first comes to mind. I fully believe we have a lot of control over our attitude and I wanted to share ways I stay positive.
Tips to Have A Positive Attitude:
- Devotional/prayer: Although I haven’t been great about doing my daily devotional lately, this helps start my day out right. It gives me peace to conquer the day and stay positive. When I’m feeling negative, I pray and this helps me so much. I focus on thanking God for the good things in my life in prayer.
- Look on the bright side/focus on your blessings: Life is tough, but so are you. Although things may not always go your way, looking on the bright side and counting your blessings will overall make you a happier person. I admire people who have been through major hardships but still choose to be happy.
- Surround yourself with positive people: I believe that negativity is contagious, so surrounding yourself with positive people is so important. Although you might not realize it, they can easily rub off on you.
- Attitude: I fully believe we have the ability to control our attitude. When we first moved I struggled with negativity and, as humans, negativity is natural. When I choose to be positive, it changes my whole outlook.
- Create things to look forward to/do what you love: I am a very creative person and have the need to create. Blogging has given me such fulfillment. I have found that I am happier and more positive when I have something that makes me feel accomplished. Finding something that makes you happy is so important.
- Exercise: As Elle Woods famously says in Legally Blonde, “Exercise gives you endorphins; endorphins make you happy and happy people just don’t shoot their husbands!” Exercise truly does help your mood.
- Routine: I have found when I establish myself a routine, it helps me stay happier and more positive. I don’t do well when I am unorganized.
- Smile/Acts of Kindness: I fully believe that a smile is contagious. You never know what someone is going through, so smiling and acts of kindness are perfect ways to make yourself feel more fulfilled.
- Dress For Success: This might sound a little old, but I notice my whole mood is altered and I feel more confident when I love the way I’m dressed. In college, I would always dress up for tests.
What are your tips to staying positive?