Shop My Outfit:
The heat is really picking up in Birmingham, so summer is on my mind. I shared my summer bucket list last week, so now I wanted to share some inexpensive summer date ideas. A lot of these were also on my summer bucket list. With less than a month until summer officially starts, these would be perfect now as well, since it certainly feels like summer already.
Summer Date Ideas:
- Grab a treat: Skip the regular dinner date and go for a ice cream or popsicles. If you’re in Birmingham, make sure to head to Steel City Pops, a popsicle chain that is opening a lot of stores across the country and originated in Birmingham.
- Brunch or cocktails on a patio: Even when it’s hot, being outside is so fun in the summer. Usually you can catch a nice little breeze on a patio.
- Grill: Nothing is better than a burger and/or hot dog in the summer. Jake made burgers last night.
- Baseball game: Although baseball isn’t my favorite sport to watch, the games are fun to go to in person.
- Picnic: The thought of a picnic is so romantic. You can make it as casual or elaborate as you want. Jake and I actually have a picnic table in our back yard, so we cannot wait to have a picnic.
- Hike Although hiking is something Jake and I have literally never done, this could be a fun and free date.
- Zoo/botanical gardens: Jake and I both love animals, so this is a fun activity for us.
- Go Pick Fruit: We went strawberry picking in the spring, and I cannot wait to hopefully go pick apples and peaches soon.
- Golf or Top Golf: Although I don’t actually play when we golf, golfing is a fun summer activity. Top Golf is one of my favorites because it’s not as hot and there’s great food/drinks. The only downside is you don’t get to zoom around in a golf cart.
- Festival/Concert: Birmingham has a lot of festivals/concerts in the summer. Festivals and local concerts are usually an inexpensive activity and are so fun.
- Movie night: Cool off from the heat inside with a movie night. Netflix is our go-to.
- Make S’mores: We got a fire pit for Christmas and cannot wait to make some more s’mores (pun intended). S’mores are a great year-round treat.
- Farmers’ Market: Jake and I love our Birmingham farmers’ market on Saturday mornings. It’s so fun to visit the different booths and listen to the live music.
- Visit a winery or have a wine and cheese night at home: If you’re not close to a winery, have a wine and cheese night at home.
- Watch the sunset/look at the stars
Now that I shared some summer date ideas, I had to share a summer date outfit too. I love this midi skirt and top from Chicwish. Midi skirts are perfect because they can be worn for work/church, and then on a date also. I got my regular size in the top/skirt and it runs true to size. I love the details of the back of this shirt especially.
What are your favorite summer date ideas?