Shop My Outfit:
The heat is really picking up in Birmingham, so summer is on my mind. I shared my summer bucket list last week, so now I wanted to share some inexpensive summer date ideas. A lot of these were also on my summer bucket list. With less than a month until summer officially starts, these would be perfect now as well, since it certainly feels like summer already.
Summer Date Ideas:
- Grab a treat: Skip the regular dinner date and go for a ice cream or popsicles. If you’re in Birmingham, make sure to head to Steel City Pops, a popsicle chain that is opening a lot of stores across the country and originated in Birmingham.
- Brunch or cocktails on a patio: Even when it’s hot, being outside is so fun in the summer. Usually you can catch a nice little breeze on a patio.
- Grill: Nothing is better than a burger and/or hot dog in the summer. Jake made burgers last night.
- Baseball game: Although baseball isn’t my favorite sport to watch, the games are fun to go to in person.
- Picnic: The thought of a picnic is so romantic. You can make it as casual or elaborate as you want. Jake and I actually have a picnic table in our back yard, so we cannot wait to have a picnic.
- Hike Although hiking is something Jake and I have literally never done, this could be a fun and free date.
- Zoo/botanical gardens: Jake and I both love animals, so this is a fun activity for us.
- Go Pick Fruit: We went strawberry picking in the spring, and I cannot wait to hopefully go pick apples and peaches soon.
- Golf or Top Golf: Although I don’t actually play when we golf, golfing is a fun summer activity. Top Golf is one of my favorites because it’s not as hot and there’s great food/drinks. The only downside is you don’t get to zoom around in a golf cart.
- Festival/Concert: Birmingham has a lot of festivals/concerts in the summer. Festivals and local concerts are usually an inexpensive activity and are so fun.
- Movie night: Cool off from the heat inside with a movie night. Netflix is our go-to.
- Make S’mores: We got a fire pit for Christmas and cannot wait to make some more s’mores (pun intended). S’mores are a great year-round treat.
- Farmers’ Market: Jake and I love our Birmingham farmers’ market on Saturday mornings. It’s so fun to visit the different booths and listen to the live music.
- Visit a winery or have a wine and cheese night at home: If you’re not close to a winery, have a wine and cheese night at home.
- Watch the sunset/look at the stars
Now that I shared some summer date ideas, I had to share a summer date outfit too. I love this midi skirt and top from Chicwish. Midi skirts are perfect because they can be worn for work/church, and then on a date also. I got my regular size in the top/skirt and it runs true to size. I love the details of the back of this shirt especially.
What are your favorite summer date ideas?
This outfit is the cutest!! Love the skirt and the top! These are all such great ideas. I like going to the zoo and botanical gardens too!
Aw thank you, Jennifer! The zoo and gardens are so fun. I hope to visit again soon.
Love these ideas!! And you look so great! I love that white top. The open back is so cute!
Thank you so much, Katherine. I just love this little top.
I love all of these ideas! I think I’m going to use your #7 idea this weekend! We seriously live just a 10 minute walk away from a great zoo that we have yet to go to! The weather should be perfect for it this weekend. I also LOVE this outfit, Courtney. It’s so perfect for a date night.
Thank you so much, Lindsey! That sounds so nice, y’all need to go.
I am sure living in Alabama feels like summer for sure Courtney! It takes a little long up here. Going for a treat is always a good idea , I am an ice cream fan! sitting on the patio is so nice in summer . I am glad Jake is doing some good grilling for you! Minor league baseball is so fun to go to. We eat on our deck pretty often in summer. Hiking is something we have not done in a while , you and Jake will love it! I loved your strawberry picking post , and the recipe you gave me! We made a firepit last fall out of brick built into our yard. We had our first fire in April and the kids love it and the smores !! I have to get to the farmers market soon. A winery is always a good idea too!! And sunsets are so romantic… That skirt is so gorgeous on you, I am all about midi skirts/ dresses I also like the shirt front and back. Thanks for the post, Terri xo.
Oh yes, it’s so hot already and just getting hotter. I am so glad you liked the recipe. Fire pits are so fun and work year round. Thank you so much, I am so glad you like this look.
I can only imagine what it is like for you Courtney, please stay cool!! The look is fabulous ! Happy Monday, Terri xo.
Thanks, Terri! I am trying. So sweet. You too.