Spring is around the corner. The first official day of spring is March 20th, but in the south, it already is feeling like spring and starting to look like it as well. Every season this year, I’ve put together my seasonal bucket list and y’all seem to enjoy it, so I thought I’d round up my bucket list for this spring.
My Spring Bucket List
- Clean up our garden and plant some azaleas or hydrangeas: When we bought our home in Birmingham, seeing the azaleas in the spring made me instantly fall in love with the south.
- Add patio lights: I’ve always thought patio lights would be a perfect touch to make our patio more festive.
- Pick peaches: it looks like the closest spot is at least an hour and a half away, but I think this would would be the perfect day trip. This would make the cutest blog pictures too ;).
- Spring cleaning: although I’m not trying to do a ton of cleaning yet, since we are about to have a lot of construction going on in our house, I am trying to get rid of things I don’t wear (either donate or sell).
- Golf: we actually did this this weekend and cannot wait to go again when it’s a bit warmer.
- Mobile, AL Azalea Festivals/Hot Air Balloon Festival.
- Road trip to the beach: We’re only 4 hours from the beach, so I definitely want to go get some sun on the ocean this spring.
- Zoo: we haven’t been to the Birmingham Zoo and it’s definitely on my list.
- Hiking: although I’m not a huge hiker, Birmingham actually has a lot of scenery that I would love to see.
- A romantic picnic: There are several spots that would be perfect for a picnic in Birmingham. In fact, we even have a picnic table in our backyard.
- See cherry blossoms in Washington D.C.: this is a dream of mine. Although we probably won’t make it this year, I would love to go to D.C. soon.
What is on your spring bucket list?