Shop This Look:
**Use code BF18795 for 20% off sweater/skirt and your full purchase at SheIn**
Happy Monday! It has finally recently started to look and feel like fall in Birmingham. The trees are changing and the leaves are starting to fall. I was beginning to think maybe we wouldn’t get a fall. Best of all, Thanksgiving is just a little over a week away! I thought it would be fun to share my favorite Thanksgiving traditions + an outfit option to wear on Thanksgiving.
My favorite Thanksgiving Traditions:
- Family Time: Thanksgiving wouldn’t be anything without spending time with family. This year my parents are coming down to spend time with us. One thing I do really miss is living closer to both of our families.
- Reflect On What I’m Thankful For: Although we shouldn’t need a day to reflect on what we’re thankful for, this is something I make a point to do. A lot of times my family will go around the table and share, too. I will be sharing a blog post next Monday with what I’m most thankful for this year.
- Cooking Family Recipes: Of course food is one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions. This year, my parents and I are ordering catering, since it’s just us 4. We do plan to make some of our family recipes though and incorporate some of Jake’s family’s recipes, too. My grandparents make the best strawberry jello salad with a pretzel crust (it tastes like cheesecake). This is something I will be making and it’s so easy (recipe here). My dad also makes the best turkey stuffing. Hopefully I can convince him to make it. Some of Jake’s family traditions are excellent egg noodles that are rich and creamy, as well as hummus, tabouli, and pumpkin bars. My family usually does a late lunch for our main Thanksgiving festivities and Jake’s does more of a dinner.
- Sweets: Some of my favorite Thanksgiving treats are, of course, pumpkin pie and pecan pie. Jake’s mom makes delicious pumpkin bars. A lot of times my dad will pick up a key lime pie too. We always have a lot of options on Thanksgiving.
- Macy’s Day Parade: Ever since I was a little kid, we have always watched the Macy’s Day Parade. I always love to see NYC all decorated and full of cheer. I hope to go to the parade someday.
- Football: Although I’m not a huge pro football fan, I do enjoy watching the games with my family.
- Decorating For Christmas: A lot of times after the meal is over and we’ve had time to relax, my parents will get the decorations out for Christmas. This is something I always helped my mom with. It is sometimes more of a Friday thing.
- Walk Around The Neighborhood: After Thanksgiving, my family a lot of times goes on a walk to work the meal off. This is usually something that happens hours later.
- Online Shopping: When it comes to Black Friday, I am not the type of person who wants to shop in the busy stores. I love to take advantage of the sales that usually start on Thanksgiving.
My attempt at throwing leaves (they blend in with the tree).
About This Outfit:
When it comes to Thanksgiving, I want to be stylish, yet also casual. I mainly focus on comfort, too. This skirt is comfortable and I know it still would be after a plate full of seconds! I did size up to make sure the skirt wouldn’t be too tight in the hips. The cardigan is cozy and has the perfect fall colors. I added tall boots to make the outfit warmer.
What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions? Stay tuned for Thursday, when I will be sharing a last minute Thanksgiving outfit guide, and on Monday I will be sharing what I am thankful for.