Shop My Outfit:
Happy Thursday! With the first official day of fall around the corner (September 22), I have decided to come up with a fall bucket list. Starting at the end of September and going to just after New Year’s, Jake will be on a much more relaxed rotation and will actually get every weekend off. So far he has only been getting 4 days a month off, so this change will be magical.
My Fall Bucket List :
- Visit Pumpkin Patch: I haven’t been to a pumpkin patch in years, so I plan to find one in Birmingham because, let’s be real, it would be a perfect photoshoot location. I also would love to bring some pumpkins home for decorating and baking.
- Decorate Our Front Porch: Although our front porch area is small, I would love to decorate with pumpkins and mums. I have never done this, so I think this would be cute. I am almost done decorating the inside of our house, so now it’s about time to do the outside.
- Bake Pumpkin Treats: I am a huge pumpkin flavored fan, so I plan to bake with pumpkin. I’ve already had my first pumpkin spice latte and I’ve also bought pumpkin spice coffee for the house. If you have any good pumpkin treat recipes, please send them over.
- Visit The Birmingham Zoo: Once it cools down I want to finally visit the Birmingham Zoo. I love animals and this has been on my general Birmingham bucket list, but it has been too hot for it.
- Visit A Winery: I love wine, especially red wines in the fall. I plan to find a winery outside of Birmingham to visit.
- Visit The State Fair: What says fall more than the state fair? The fair is a fall tradition. I hope to try the Alabama one because honestly Birmingham food is some of the best I’ve ever had.
- October Fest: With Jake’s busy schedule I’ve never been to October Fest, so I want to do one here. I’ve already seen that a few places are hosting them.
- Apple Orchard: I’ve always wanted to visit an apple orchard, and thankfully Alabama has several options.
- Hike/Do Outdoorsy Stuff: Although I’m not really outdoorsy, Birmingham has a lot of beautiful mountains. I want to visit some state parks when it cools down.
- Travel: Now that Jake will actually have weekends for this rotation, I want to take advantage of them and road trip to nearby places before we have kids someday. I want to visit areas that are within 4 hours from Birmingham, like Destin/Florida beaches, Nashville, Atlanta, Chattanooga and more.
- Visit Magnolia Market: We will be going through Dallas for a wedding in October, so I would love to stop by Magnolia Market.
- Visit Pioneer Woman Mercantile: We will be in Oklahoma briefly in October, so I am hoping to stop by The Pioneer Woman Mercantile when we see Jake’s family. It’s not too far from where his family lives.
About This Look/Location:
These pictures were taken at an adorable place in Birmingham called Shoppe. It’s the cutest little flower, plant, and gift shop with a greenhouse. I cannot wait to see if they decorate with pumpkins for fall. You may have seen in this post, but I am loving florals for fall. This maxi is the perfect weight for Birmingham for a while. It runs true to size and I am impressed with the quality.
What is on your fall bucket list?
First I love the outfit! Second I also have a Fall travel list, hopefully I get to visit all of the amazing places!
Thank you so much! AHh how fun. Enjoy your fall 🙂
Sounds like you are going to have a fun fall 🙂 I have a few similar things on my list too!
Taylor | http://www.livingtaylored.com
Thanks, Taylor! I am looking so forward to it. Jake will finally have a relatively normal schedule during this rotation.
Yes to everything!!! This store looks absolutely precious too. We may have to stop in when we come to visit you in November 😉
Katherine | http://www.oneswainkycouple.com
Yesss I’m keeping track of my favorite/most unique places in Bham to take y’all too. I think y’all will be surprised by how charming Bham is. We definitely have been.
That dress is gorgeous. And I love your fall bucket list — it looks like you’re going to have a fun fall.
Thank you so much 🙂 I cannot wait for it to feel like fall.
Oh yes, the pumpkin patch and decorating the front porch are a must here. I also do a whole lot of pumpkin spice based baking :-). If I am ever in the area I would love to visit the Mercantile and Magnolia Market.
Those really are the best fall traditions. You should! I am hoping to make it to both of them. I know for sure I can make it to the Mercantile (close to my in-laws). The Magnolia Market is a decent drive from my parents though.
YASSS to that dress! Super cute and it’s a great price. On my list this fall is a trip to the zoo and Six Flags for their frightfest.
Aw thank you. 🙂 It looks way more expensive than it was. Ohh Fright Fest would be awesome. I don’t think we have a Six Flags near where I live.
Hi Courtney , I am so happy that your husband will get to spend more time with you!! With 4 days off a month you must have to caffeinate him to have him function during time off right now! ( sorry for my silly sense of humor!) Now you will get to explore Birmingham together.
I love your bucket list! I so want to do all on your list , can i tag along?? Unfortunately 4 kids will say no to me leaving! I want to do the orchard and pumpkin patch, Usually they are in same place here in MN . Also a winery would be fun when the weather does cool that little bit. We usually get 4 pumpkins for our little pumpkins! The maxi is a very cute dress on you and the bold floral print is an added feature.
Thank you so much! I am so happy to get to enjoy him on weekends. Him being so busy does make me appreciate his free time though! Hahah yes I don’t know how he functions. He really doesn’t drink much caffeine, which is surprising to me. I wish you could tag along. That’s so cool the pumpkin patch and orchard are in the same place. I think we will have to drive a bit for the orchard, so I’ll see if a pumpkin patch is close. That is such a cute tradition to get 4 pumpkins. I love that! Thank you so much. I love bright colors and patterns even when it’s almost fall.
You do have to appreciate Jake on his free time! Aww I will tag along in the posts. We put the pumpkins on porch with a battery operated candle. Take care, Terri xo.
Yes 🙂 That is a great idea. I will have to look at that for our porch. I am still trying to hold off a little longer for pumpkins. It’s in the 90s, so I don’t want them to rot quickly.
Hi Courtney it is a little early for pumpkins everywhere i think! We get them around October 15 and carve them at 23rd or 24th so they stay nice. Hugs, Terri xo.
Your dress is so good! Also, I am so happy for you that your hubs is going to start having the time off to do some of these activities. My husband has been on a crazy schedule for the year, so I know the pain.
Aw thank you so much. It really is hard when they’re so busy, but it makes the time they’re free so precious.
I love this! Visiting a pumpkin patch has been on my fall bucket list for forever! One day. 🙂 And what a gorgeous dress!
I hope you get to go to one soon. They’re soooo cute. I am on the look for some in Birmingham that are close to us. Thank you so much.