Shop My Outfit:
Happy Thursday! With the first official day of fall around the corner (September 22), I have decided to come up with a fall bucket list. Starting at the end of September and going to just after New Year’s, Jake will be on a much more relaxed rotation and will actually get every weekend off. So far he has only been getting 4 days a month off, so this change will be magical.
My Fall Bucket List :
- Visit Pumpkin Patch: I haven’t been to a pumpkin patch in years, so I plan to find one in Birmingham because, let’s be real, it would be a perfect photoshoot location. I also would love to bring some pumpkins home for decorating and baking.
- Decorate Our Front Porch: Although our front porch area is small, I would love to decorate with pumpkins and mums. I have never done this, so I think this would be cute. I am almost done decorating the inside of our house, so now it’s about time to do the outside.
- Bake Pumpkin Treats: I am a huge pumpkin flavored fan, so I plan to bake with pumpkin. I’ve already had my first pumpkin spice latte and I’ve also bought pumpkin spice coffee for the house. If you have any good pumpkin treat recipes, please send them over.
- Visit The Birmingham Zoo: Once it cools down I want to finally visit the Birmingham Zoo. I love animals and this has been on my general Birmingham bucket list, but it has been too hot for it.
- Visit A Winery: I love wine, especially red wines in the fall. I plan to find a winery outside of Birmingham to visit.
- Visit The State Fair: What says fall more than the state fair? The fair is a fall tradition. I hope to try the Alabama one because honestly Birmingham food is some of the best I’ve ever had.
- October Fest: With Jake’s busy schedule I’ve never been to October Fest, so I want to do one here. I’ve already seen that a few places are hosting them.
- Apple Orchard: I’ve always wanted to visit an apple orchard, and thankfully Alabama has several options.
- Hike/Do Outdoorsy Stuff: Although I’m not really outdoorsy, Birmingham has a lot of beautiful mountains. I want to visit some state parks when it cools down.
- Travel: Now that Jake will actually have weekends for this rotation, I want to take advantage of them and road trip to nearby places before we have kids someday. I want to visit areas that are within 4 hours from Birmingham, like Destin/Florida beaches, Nashville, Atlanta, Chattanooga and more.
- Visit Magnolia Market: We will be going through Dallas for a wedding in October, so I would love to stop by Magnolia Market.
- Visit Pioneer Woman Mercantile: We will be in Oklahoma briefly in October, so I am hoping to stop by The Pioneer Woman Mercantile when we see Jake’s family. It’s not too far from where his family lives.
About This Look/Location:
These pictures were taken at an adorable place in Birmingham called Shoppe. It’s the cutest little flower, plant, and gift shop with a greenhouse. I cannot wait to see if they decorate with pumpkins for fall. You may have seen in this post, but I am loving florals for fall. This maxi is the perfect weight for Birmingham for a while. It runs true to size and I am impressed with the quality.
What is on your fall bucket list?