Shop This Look:
**The cape is an extra 20% off with code: BF18795**
Happy Monday! What a fantastic Thanksgiving we had! It was a long and wonderful weekend, and I already miss my family. It’s probably no surprise that Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Christmas makes me a little nostalgic because it reminds me of my wonderful childhood. Christmas has seemed to come earlier this year and I cannot believe it’s finally here. This fall, I came up with a list of fall activities I wanted to do, so I thought it would be fun to come up with a Christmas bucket list, too. Many of these are things you can do anywhere and some are unique to Birmingham.
My Christmas Bucket List 2018:
- Decorate our new home and buy a new tree (our other one was too tall for our 8 foot ceilings). We luckily were able to reuse most of our Christmas decor from our previous home.
- Give gifts to the less fortunate: One of the traditions my mom and I would do growing up is Operation Christmas Child’s Shoebox Ministry. I plan to do that again this year or something similar.
- Visit a Christmas tree farm: We visited a tiny one in Atlanta, but I would love to visit a big one again.
- Pick out a new ornament: A lot of our ornaments are inexpensive and plain. Each year I want to add one new nicer ornament to our tree.
- Decorate cookies: I didn’t realize how much I liked baking until I broke out my Kitchenaid mixer for Thanksgiving. I would love to make homemade cookies and decorate them.
- Get a fire pit: When we went to Atlanta, the Atlanta Botanical Gardens had fire pits with s’mores (post on Atlanta to come soon). This inspired Jake and I to want a fire pit. I would love to roast s’mores at home.
- Make fancy homemade hot chocolate/egg nog
- Host a party: Now that we finally have finished all of our major home projects I would love to host a Christmas party. I will make sure to share our new home renovations soon.
- Christmas pjs: Jake probably won’t be on board for this one, but how cute would matching Christmas pjs be? When we have kids someday, this will be a must.
- Christmas movies marathon: Christmas movies are my favorite, so I would love to do a Christmas movie marathon at home with fun snacks and hot chocolate.
- Make a Christmas cocktail: Christmas has so many great flavors, such as peppermint, egg nog, cranberry and more. I would love to have a night where we try Christmas-themed cocktails
- Gingerbread house: I love to make things, so I think it would be fun to stay in, drink some wine and make a gingerbread house.
- See a Live Christmas themed performance and dress up: I would love to get all dressed up and visit a live performance like The Nutcracker or Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Drive around and see Christmas lights/listen to Christmas music: We have done this a little bit, but it seemed early. I would love to drive around and find the prettiest Christmas lights in Birmingham.
- Attend a tacky Christmas party
- A Pre-Christmas Road trip: Last year, we did our first trip around Christmas time to Nashville. I would love to make it a tradition to do a pre-Christmas trip. This year we’re thinking New Orleans, since it’s drivable.
- Kansas City Chiefs game: One of our Christmas traditions with Jake’s family is to attend a Kansas City Chiefs game every year around Christmas. I cannot wait to continue this tradition again this year.
- Peppermint everything
- Start our own traditions: now living so far from family, this will be our first Christmas with just us two alone, but we will visit our families after Christmas due to Jake’s schedule.
Birmingham Christmas Bucket List:
- ZooLight Safari
- Ice Skate at Railroad Park
- Visit Shoppe and Leaf and Petal garden stores
- Tour Arlington Antebellum House
- Christmas movies at Alabama Theatre
- See Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- See the Nutcracker
- Tacky Holiday Pedal Tour
What’s on your Christmas bucket list?