Shop Our Outfits: Use code abyers315 for 15% off my dress.
Happy second week of spring! Our flowers are in full bloom and some have already come and gone, like the magnolia tree in these photos and from my recent post. My favorite flowers in Alabama are the wild azaleas. They’re slowly starting to bloom and I cannot wait to get some photos by them with Scarlett soon. Spring is easily my favorite season in Alabama because of the beautiful flowers and outdoor activities. To be honest, the winter was a tough time, but like I mentioned in my recent blog post I have a feeling of hope. I didn’t do a spring bucket list last year, but this year wanted to put together one that was realistic. Jake is a great sport with the activities I come up with, but he also wants to have a little time at home. I’m finding a balance for fun day trips like last weekend to the tulips.
My 2021 Spring Bucket List:
- See the Tulips at American Village in Montevallo: We did this recently and I wrote a blog post about it. Unfortunately last week was the end of the festival, but make sure to add this for your list next year.
- Visit The Beach: We actually already did this in early March. We took most of the same precautions as last visit and had a blast. Here is one of the precious photos I took of Scarlett.
- Family Photos: We got some professional family newborn photos when Scarlett was 1 month (see post here), I want to get some professional photos around her 1st birthday too. I am in the process of planning her first birthday party and cannot wait.
- Clean up the Patio: My patio plants from last year lasted a very long time. They finally bit the dust in winter. I’m excited to spruce up the patio with some new plants. I am waiting until April because there is an excessive amount of pollen I need to clean up and I know it’ll just come back if I do it now.
- Pepper Place Farmers Market: This has always been one of our favorite spring Saturday activities. I am hoping they will reopen more like normal this year. Right now it looks like it might just be drive-through.
- See the Lilies at The Cahaba River: I saw a few friends do this last year right after we had Scarlett and it looks so pretty. We were not able to go with a new baby, but hopefully we can this year. It sounds like they start blooming mid-May around her birthday. This article has some good information. I would also love to do a float trip. I did one in college and it was so fun.
- Visit the Zoo: We went last summer and to be honest, I felt extremely uncomfortable. It was during the worst part of COVID and it was crowded. Now that our numbers are much lower I think I’d be comfortable going when I am fully vaccinated (Jake already is).
- Picnics: We’ve had some beautiful weather lately and I would love to go pick up some take-out and have a family picnic.
- Pick Strawberries: We didn’t do this last year since I was super pregnant/also COVID, but I am hoping to go sometime in April. I wrote about our visit 2 years ago in this post.
- Purge My Closet: I need to go through my clothes and donate/sell things.
Things I want to do before we move:
- Mobile, AL Azalea Festivals/Hot Air Balloon Festival: I am not sure if this will even happen this year, but hopefully we can do this while we live in Alabama. I don’t see it happening this year though.
- Pick Peaches: The closet orchard is at least an hour and a half away. I would love to do this maybe next year. It would be fun to pick peaches in Georgia.
About Our Outfits:
We went to take more photos of the beautiful soft pink magnolia blooms (post here) and noticed they were already gone, but luckily Jake spotted the gorgeous purple blooms. The purple went with my outfit better anyway. We also found the honeysuckles and they gave me such a nostalgic feeling since my grandparents had them when I was growing up and I have great memories of getting to taste them. My dress runs TTS and reminds me of a Disney princess. I knew Scarlett’s outfit would coordinate perfectly.
I cannot wait to start going to farmer’s markets!
Curated By Jennifer
Me too! Ours opens in a few weeks I found out.
Hi Courtney! That is crazy that the magnolia flowers are starting to fall already! I can see why spring is a favorite of yours, the temperatures are easier to be out in , especially with Scarlett. It is good Jake joins in the activities, I can understand him wanting home time too to relax after shifts. Professional photos are very important to have for a kids timeline, although you are professional in my eyes, and am sure take lots of Scarlett. Farmer markets are wonderful, we do need to support our farmers and enjoy their goods. Lillies are so pretty I would love to see them ! The zoo will be a great place to take a little one, to watch the amazement in her eyes. Purging can be a tough one sometimes right?!! I did some already this year in donations. Your dress is gorgeous, like a disney princess for sure. Scarlett is also so cute in her outfit. Wishing you all a blessed Easter , take care, Terri xo.
Aww thank you so much, Terri! I hope you’re doing well.
Aw, love this. You’ve inspired me to make my own spring bucket list. Also, that little sun hat of Scarlett’s is SO cute.
Thanks, Lindsey! I cannot wait to read yours.