This was a thought that recently came into my head. I had planned on sharing this look before Labor Day, but then I started to wonder: is this still a rule? Yes, you absolutely can wear white jeans after Labor Day! This rule is in the past. It’s just all about how you style them.
When I wear my white jeans after Labor Day, I try to focus on fall elements, like neutrals. I like to wear tans, black, or gray with them or with darker colors. I also like to add animal print. For these looks, I wore black as my neutral and added a pop of color with pink accessories. Can you believe this top is only $13 and is a perfect Dupe of the Nordstrom one. Top | Similar Necklace | Jeans | Shoes | Clutch C/O| Sunglasses
SE Kennedy Designs Earrings C/O (I did a blog post on her Etsy store here) | Top | Jeans | Shoes | Similar Bag | Sunglasses
Tuesday on my Instagram Stories, I posted a picture one of my favorite dinners that I make, “Pizza Chicken.” This recipe is so easy, healthy, and delicious. It is also easy to clean up when you’re done. I surprisingly got a ton of messages asking me for the recipe, so I decided I would share it with y’all below. If you’re anything like me, if a dinner takes more than 30 minutes to cook on a week day, it is not happening! A little background, I changed my lifestyle in March of 2016. I had gained weight after the newlywed stage of our marriage. I was cooking starchy meals that my hubby liked and, while he could get away with the extra carbs and calories, I could not. One day I found myself crying in my closet because literally nothing fit. Being on a med school budget, I couldn’t just purchase a new wardrobe. I decided to change my lifestyle because “diets” don’t work for me. I have had a few personal friends tell me I should do a post on my lifestyle change, so if you’re interested please comment below.
Low Carb Pizza Chicken Recipe
| Tea Pot | Utensil Holder | Similar Recipe Card Holder
Ingredients: I kind of eyed this recipe for the ingredients. Here is the original recipe, mine is an easier version.
- Thinly sliced chicken breast (We did 2, but the beauty of this recipe is you can make this for 1 or for as many people as you need).
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 T Olive oil
- 1/4- 1/3 cup pizza sauce (I just eyed this part. Make sure the chicken is fully covered. Some pizza sauces can have a lot of sugar, so if you’re wanting it to be low carb make sure to check the sugar on the back.)
- 1/4- 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni (Fully cover the chicken, maybe 3-5 pepperonis per piece of chicken.)
Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- While the oven is heating, lightly coat both sides of the chicken with olive oil (probably about 1/2 table spoon for 2 chicken breast).
- Sprinkle garlic powder and oregano on both sides of the chicken breast
- Once the oven heats to 400 degrees, place chicken in a Pyrex dish and bake for 20 minutes
- Pull the chicken out of the oven and cover the top with pizza sauce
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the chicken and add pepperoni
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- This is an easy to clean recipe and the Pyrex dish can go in the dishwasher.
love the suggestion. Plus the pizza recipe looks really great
Thank you so much! If you try it, I hope you love it. It has become one of my favorite recipes because you don’t feel like you’re missing out on pizza.
I love everything about this from styling the jeans to the recipe and lifestyle honesty! Thanks for sharing Courtney! I definitely think you should do a post on your lifestyle change! 🙂
Taylor | http://www.livingtaylored.com
Thank you so much, Taylor! You’re always so sweet and encouraging. I will definitely put together a lifestyle post in the future 🙂
SUUUCH a cute look! I’m with you – I love styling white after Labor Day with animal prints!
Thank you so much, Kaitlin! Yes, its such a fun way to bring them into fall or winter.
I really like how you added the pop of pink to your outfit!
Thank you so much, Anna!
you look amazing in those! I always feel self conscious in white jeans
Thank you so much, Jessica! I felt the same way for years until l finally found a flattering pair.
You continue to amaze Me everyday Courtney! I love the black top with the white jeans, the pink necklace is a nice statement with the leopard print clutch. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Terri xo.
Aw you’re so sweet! Thank you so much <3 Hope your weekend has been amazing
You are totally rocking those white jeans!! LOVE them paired with the leopard clutch.
Thank you so much, Lauren! Have a great day.