Shop My The Striped Dress Outfit:
Strop The Pom Pom Dress Outfit:
Happy Monday! Do you ever have a dress that makes you want to travel somewhere specific? As soon as I put on both of these Chicwish dresses, I was ready to plan a vacation to the beach (specifically Mexico), San Antonio, or Sante Fe, NM. The tassel/pom pom details on both of these dresses are just adorable. I couldn’t wait to share these two with y’all because they’re some of my favorite dresses I own. As I was shooting them, I got so many compliments from people walking by. I have always been a Chicwish fan, but they are killing it this season. These dresses will be on repeat all season long and into summer. The white dress runs true to size, but I did size up in the striped. I could tell the chest space was small and I am glad I did size up. If you have a larger chest, I would recommend sizing up. These dresses both would be perfect for the upcoming Cinco De Mayo holiday. Just add a margarita and you’re set!
How I Balance Working Full-Time and Blogging
Recently I have been asked this question a lot by people I know in real life. To be honest, it’s hard to manage working full-time while also being a wife and a blogger. Sometimes I feel the pressure to always be working, but it’s important to learn how to balance. I truly do love blogging and interacting with my followers, so that is what keeps me going. Having a creative outlet is so important to me since my full-time job is mostly administrative. I am naturally a creative person and feel like I express myself with fashion. From blogging, I’ve learned how to better prioritize, so when Jake is free, I don’t have to be working on blog stuff non-stop. With his busy schedule, it is good for me to stay busy while he’s at work, but not when he is available.
- Calendar/Plan Ahead: I am very ADD, so without a calendar to plan my schedule of blog posts, I would forget. I personally like an old fashion paper planner more than a digital one. I try to plan out a month out of blog posts at a time, but I do keep it flexible in case I come up with a different idea. I am not the most organized, so I do find myself switching the order or having to prioritize posts I think you all will like best. I try to keep myself accountable with due dates, but I do find myself sometimes working at the last minute, like with this post. I like to keep my blog posts related to what is personally going on in my life and what is coming up in the season. I am such a planner, and I enjoy coming up with my blog plans. I also use apps to plan my Instagram posts out like UNUM and schedule posts with Later to make it easier.
- Dedicated Work Times: Working full-time means I have less time to work on my blog, but I really like getting out of the house and going to the office. For some reason I feel like I thrive off of being busy. I find when I don’t have much going on I tend to slack off. I feel like working helps me prioritize my free time too. I mostly work on my blog in the mornings before work, at night when I’m off, and weekends. Sunday usually is my night to get a lot of blogging work done. I do keep the schedule flexible as I don’t want to work when Jake is free on a weekend.
- Notebook of Ideas: I keep a notebook that I update with different blog topics when I’m inspired. This helps me when I am feel like I’m in a blogging rut.
- Take A Step Back if Needed: It’s important to realize when you need a break. Blogging is amazing, but there are so many other important things in life, and it’s important to not miss out. When I start feeling burned out or if Jake is free, I will take time off instead of forcing content.
- Shooting Several Outfits at Once: I keep a clothing rack of outfits I am wanting to shoot. When I shoot, I try to shoot at least two outfits to maximize time. I am starting to try to shoot during the weeks more because I noticed a lot of spots are too busy during the weekend. I also like having a break on the weekend.
- Change Spaces For Inspiration: I am not a writer, so I find myself most inspired when I am not forcing myself to write. If I have writer’s block, I will go on our patio or change spots. This helps me a lot. I find myself weirdly most inspired in the car or shower. When this happens I try to make voice notes of post topics or ideas to incorporate in a blog post.
- Learn to Say No: When I first started blogging, I wanted to do every collaboration. I have learned to only say yes to brands I truly love. It is important to be true to yourself.
What are your tips to balance working full time and your hobbies?