Shop My Outfit:
2020 has undoubtedly been a hard year for all of us. Recently I was having a conversation with one of my sweet blogger friends on Instagram, Annaliese from Southern Belle in Training, about how hard this year has been. She made a good point that it helps knowing we’re all in the same boat. It’s so easy to feel like we’re the only one struggling, but truthfully 2020 has affected us all in our own ways. While this year hasn’t been the one I envisioned in many ways, it’s also been one of the best because of Scarlett. I’ve learned more in this year than I’ve ever learned. Even in this hard year, we all have things to be thankful for. There’s been a lot of negativity in our world lately and I usually do a post around Thanksgiving week reflecting what I’m thankful for. I thought this was a perfect time to do it early as I reflect on myself and this year.
When I look at my 2020, I’m reminded of God’s plan and promises. I have learned to never take things for granted.
A few things I’m thankful for:
- Scarlett: I truly don’t know how I would’ve survived this year without her.
- My husband: He works hard so I have the opportunity to stay home with Scarlett. He frequently picks up extra shifts at work to bring in extra income and make up for my old income so that I can stay home with Scarlett.
- Family: It’s so hard living away from our families. As soon as we have the opportunity to move closer, we will take it.
- You all: thank you for the love and support over the past almost 4 years. I’m grateful to have my little corner of the internet. It’s truly special now sharing our Scarlett with you.
- Our health: This is something I’ll never take for granted.
- The nice fall weather so we can explore safely without having to worry about Scarlett being too hot or cold.
- Slower place of life: I was used to a go-go-go lifestyle before Covid and I’ve learned to enjoy the slowness, especially with a small baby.
- A creative outlet: having this space gives me a sense of normalcy and is especially fun with Scarlett.
- Technology: I’m so thankful for FaceTime. It’s hard being away from family, but it helps us feel connected.
- Doctors and other front-line workers, scientists, and everyone working countless hours to fight COVID.
The trees have changed around Birmingham recently. It’s so beautiful and refreshing to see to the change. This cozy cardigan is from Chicwish and I love it paired with my Spanx faux leather leggings. The cardigan runs true to size and is so chic. The material is so soft and perfect for a cool day.
What are you thankful for?