Shop My Outfit:
USE CODE ABYERS315 FOR 15% OFF MY SKIRT
When I recently asked on Instagram stories for what kind of blog content y’all wanted to see, I had several responses asking for blog posts with healthy recipes. I try to share my healthy meal ideas on my stories, but I am excited to share some on here too. Almost all of my weekday recipes are from Pinterest, are very simple to make, and are low carb. A couple of years ago I started a low carb lifestyle and it’s been the only way that I have been able to maintain my weight. Living in Alabama with all of the amazing southern food has been a challenge, so I will admit I haven’t been doing great on my low carb diet lately. I mostly watch my starchy carbs, like bread and potatoes, but I don’t do keto.
5 Of My Favorite Healthy Recipes:
- Salmon: Salmon is so healthy and easy to make. I preheat the oven to 400 degrees, then drizzle the salmon with olive oil and sprinkle lemon pepper on just the top. I buy fresh salmon from Trader Joe’s. Once the oven is heated to 400, I bake the fish for 20 minutes. I cut the middle of one piece to make sure the fish is cooked through before we eat. I serve it with a salad and a vegetable, usually asparagus.
- Pizza Chicken: This is one of our favorite easy recipes. You get the taste of pizza without the carbs. I usually serve this with a salad. You could also serve this with rice if you aren’t trying to be on low carb. I like to add mushrooms on the chicken, though you could also add bell peppers. You can find the recipe here.
- Hummus Chicken: This is another healthy favorite. Hummus is a “good” fat that keeps you feeling full longer. It also helps you control your blood sugar levels, unlike most carbs that make it spike. It has a low glycemic index, so this helps your blood sugar levels. You could serve this with a salad and rice if you want a carb. You can find the recipe here.
- Pork Chops: Pork chops are such a treat that seem like they would be complicated to make, but they are pretty easy. I put olive oil or butter in a skillet, then season both sides of the pork chops with lemon pepper. I cook them until they’re browned. I always cut the middle to make sure they’re cooked all the way through and are no longer pink. I serve these with a couple of veggies like salad and cauliflower “mashed potatoes.”
- Enchilada Baked Chicken: This is another meal where you get a taste of something you love without the carbs. In this case, it’s enchiladas. This is a simple meal and I just serve it with a veggie or two. You can find the recipe here. Note: Sometimes I’ll set my oven to 400 and bake for 20 minutes instead of their instructions. It works either way though.
Casual Fall Style:
I’m not usually the type to throw tennis shoes on with a skirt, but I love this trend lately. When I saw this skirt, I saw so many possibilities of ways to style it. It can be casual (pictured), or with a blouse for work, or it could go for a date night as well. This skirt is true to size and is great quality. It’s one of my new favorite fall pieces. I cannot wait to wear it for a date night as well without a jacket, or with a chic leather jacket and heels.
What is your go-to easy/healthy recipe?