This month on my Back To Basics series post, I wanted to do something a little different and share a review of one of my favorite winter basics, the Burberry cashmere scarf. When I do reviews of popular luxury items, y’all seem to love them. I wanted to share more about this scarf and how I style it. I had wanted a traditional Burberry cashmere scarf in camel for as long as I can remember and my amazing in-laws gifted me this one last Christmas. I find myself reaching for this scarf a lot in my winter wardrobe and will for years to come.
Which Size and Pattern Do I have: Burberry has many options when it comes to scarves. I have the Half Mega Check Cashmere Scarf in camel. I picked this one because it’s long enough to wear multiple ways. I feel like the length also helps it be warmer than some of the other sizes. This one also doesn’t have a lot of red on it like many of the others, so it can be worn with more colors too. I suggest going to either the Burberry store, or to a retailer like Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus with a large selection and trying on several styles to determine your favorite.
How Do I Style It: Since this scarf is one of the longer Burberry scarves, I can wear it many ways. I find that the scarf looks best with other neutrals like black and tan. I also love it with red. This one doesn’t have a ton of red in the print like many of the other camel Burberry scarfs, so it can go with more. I mostly wear it around my neck and not wrapped, or wrapped behind my neck with the two ends in the front, or wrapped behind my neck with the two ends in the front then I tie it again. I’ve included the several photo with ways I’ve styled it.
- Classic/Investment piece: While this is a pricey item, it is a classic! It is something that will never go out of style and is something I can see myself pull out for decades. I always feel very put together when I wear this.
- Warm: The cashmere is a warm, but breathable fabric.
- Durable: I’ve had mine a little over a year with a good amount of usage and it still looks perfect. I am really careful with it though.
- Can be styled many ways
- Only works for winter
- Doesn’t match everything: since it has a pattern it doesn’t match everything, but I still feel like it goes with a lot.
- Cashmere is delicate: proper storage is a must. I always keep mine covered to make sure moths don’t get to it.
Is it worth the price? Although this scarf has a steep price tag, I do think it’s worth it because it will last for many years. I have a pink cashmere Burberry scarf that is probably close to 10 years old and it’s still in great share. As long as you’re careful and take care of the scarves, they last a long time. This is one of those winter pieces that I always reach for and helps me feel put together. I especially loved it for our Europe trip last year. It made me feel like I fit into the culture/stay warm.
Which is your favorite way I styled it?