Shop My Outfit: Use code abyers315 for 15% off my dress, shoes and purse
Happy Monday! Jake and I are down to the final countdown before Miss Scarlett makes her big arrival in 1 month from Thursday or less. When we got married, one of our biggest marriage goals was to make time for a weekly date night. Right now, we’re trying to soak in as much time together as a family of 3 (including our kitty). We’re not letting the stay at home order make our date nights not happen and are treating this time like a little staycation. I wanted to share some date ideas that we’re doing at home/fun ideas.
Dates Ideas At Home:
- Get dressed up and make dinner together: Getting dressed gives me a since of normalcy. This is one of my recent at home date night looks and it was comfortable. This dress is non-maternity and I’m wearing my regular size. I’ll admit that most days I haven’t put on makeup, but when I do it feels great. We got dressed up for Easter and it felt really nice. Using your fancy dishes/candles a way to make the date very special. I am usually the one who cooks, but Jake has been doing a lot of grilling. Making a meal together is always special. Baking is something that has been fun for me and Jake likes eating my treats. I made some great Easter treats and plan to try something else next Saturday. We also have a fire pit outside and making s’mores is a fun thing to do for a date at home.
- Home Improvement Projects: Our big project right now is of course the nursery. We’re finally down to just tiny details, but this has been keeping us busy. If you have some home renovations or projects you’ve wanted to do, now is a good time. One of the little projects that I have done is getting new plants for our little patio space (pictured), full patio post here. If you’re local to Birmingham, I got these at Shoppe, and they do free delivery.
- Walk outside/workout together: We have discovered that taking walks outside is a great way to connect and catch up with each other. The fresh air and sunlight really improves how I feel too.
- Enjoy a meal or drinks on the patio/outside: We’ve created a space we love with string lights, plants and a lot of color. Hanging out on our patio with coffee or dinner is a great way to give yourself a change of scenery.
- Order take out or curbside pick up: We are doing our best to support as many local businesses as possible. I’ve been cooking most meals, but we do like to get some restaurant food at least weekly. This also gives us a sense of normalcy and is fun for a date night.
- Backyard picnic: I am hoping I can convince Jake to do a picnic with me soon. This is a great way to get outside and it makes you feel like you’ve gotten away.
- Netflix and Chill: During this time of uncertainty, it’s important to not feel like you have to do it all and always be productive. With our baby on the way I am really embracing the time of sleeping in and also relaxing. We love to have Netflix nights and make them special with blankets, pillows, popcorn and all of the snacks.
- Wine tasting: Although I cannot partake in this one, a wine tasting night at home is so romantic. This pairs perfectly with a cheese and charcuterie board.
- Game night/puzzles: This is something I am really wanting to try, but haven’t yet. Board games and puzzles are always a fun activity.
- Plan future vacations: A fun date night could be cooking food or ordering food from a particular culture and planning a future vacation.
- Virtual museums: When Jake and I travel we enjoy checking museums out. While we cannot travel or go to museums, a lot of museums are offering virtual access. This is a great way to pretend like you’re traveling.
What are some fun date ideas that you’re doing at home right now? If you need other ideas of things to do at home, I shared my full quarantine/nesting to-do list here.