Shop My Outfits:
Where we stayed/how long:
We stayed in Beverly Hills and the location was very convenient to everything we were doing. L.A. is known for their traffic, so being central was important to us. We did not have much issue getting around to places like Rodeo Drive, Malibu, Calabasas, and Hollywood. We stayed Sunday-Thursday and it was the perfect length to be able to do everything leisurely.
What we did:
- See a comedy show at the Laugh Factory
The whole purpose of our trip was for Jake to go golfing at Calabasas Country Club and we had beautiful weather. Scarlett and I showed up to the golf course in our matching striped Chicwish dresses and got a lot of comments about it from the golfers. I’ve had this dress for years and was so excited to finally be able to match Scarlett in it. I’m wearing a small and Scarlett is wearing the 18-24m; they both run true to size. It is such a fun dress for spring and summer.
- Shop on Rodeo Drive: We spent nearly an entire afternoon shopping on Rodeo Drive and had a blast. I got my first Chanel piece (wallet on a chain) and Jake got a couple Prada and Versace shirts. It’s always fun to buy memorable souvenirs.
- Day trip to Malibu:
I highly recommend a day trip to Malibu if you’re in L.A. We went to Nobu for lunch (I recommend going to lunch because it’s very hard to get in for dinner) and enjoyed the beautiful views and food. We also went to Malibu Wines and Beer Garden (we had gone during our previous trip). Sadly, due to the fires a couple years ago, they had to relocate. We did end up visiting the new location, but it was a little far out of the way to be worth it. It is also a much smaller and less unique/creative location than their old setup, which was a sprawling wine garden in the hills of Malibu. Next time we will just stay and explore Malibu. I wore this yellow sundress to Malibu and it was perfect for the day. I now have this dress in 3 patterns and it’s a favorite. A friend pointed out that the tie sleeves would make it nursing friendly (Scarlett and I are past that point, but I tested to confirm it would work). I got a small and it runs true to size. It is such a fun dress for summer!
Where we ate:
- The Ivy in West Hollywood: We went to the Santa Monica location last time and loved visiting the West Hollywood one too. The food is absolutely incredible and they’re known for their brightly colored flowers.
- Laurel Hardware: One of Jake’s best friends lives in L.A. so we met him and his girlfriend at Laurel Hardware. It used to be an old hardware store several decades ago that now is converted into a lively bar and restaurant. They kept the old hardware store sign up out front, creating a neat juxtaposition of old and new. The food was really good and it had a nice atmosphere.
- Nobu in Malibu: The food is incredible and the views are so beautiful. Their sushi is practically flawless. The rolls don’t really fall apart like most sushi places, and they get you full without making you uncomfortably stuffed. This was one of the highlights of our trip. It is a decent drive from L.A. but worth it.
For Next Time:
- Visit The Griffith Observatory: it was sadly closed during our trip
- Visit a Hollywood Studio
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Melrose Avenue: I wanted to go to LoveShackFancy, but we didn’t have time.