Shop My Outfit:
Dress, shoes and bag are by SHEIN. This look is perfect for Valentine’s Day: Use code SVD593 for 15% off
Happy Valentine’s Day week! Before I found my prince, I dated many frogs. Jake and I started off as best friends first, which I 100% think is the way to go. I was actually dating someone at the time we met, but that quickly ended. After that, we were inseparable and the rest is history. It wasn’t long before I knew he was the one I would marry. We started officially dating my sophomore year of college and got engaged on our graduation day. To all of the single ladies out there, my biggest advice is don’t settle! There is someone out there who was made for you. I found myself settling before Jake and I dated, and I am so thankful I found him. In honor of Valentine’s Day I wanted to share how I knew Jake was “the one.”
8 Ways I knew Jake Was “The One”
- I Just knew: It’s hard to explain, but I just knew. I think you just know when you’ve found the one. We would call each other hubs and wife and talk about the future a lot. It always felt right and I still get excited to spend time with him.
- I couldn’t picture myself with anyone else.
- We talked about the future and kids: We quickly started to talk about our future of getting married and kids soon after dating. It would probably seem weird to someone looking in from the outside, but it just felt right with us. I never really talked about that with any of my exes.
- His work ethic: Jake is so driven and I was always very attracted to that. Seeing how hard he worked in college made me want to work harder, and we would study together a lot. He graduated college with an Honors College degree and two bachelor’s degrees (biology and economics). He also has a minor in microbiology and molecular genetics. I loved seeing how passionate he was about becoming a doctor. Jake actually was wait-listed and then rejected his first time applying to medical school, and he had to spend the next year working a job in medical supplies. The next year he was finally accepted to medical school and he made it his goal to show his medical school they made the wrong choice skipping over him the first time. He ended up graduating medical school as a member of the honors society that is only awarded to, at most, the top 15% of each class. He has continued to excel in residency. The other guys I dated had no ambition and it was refreshing dating someone as driven as Jake.
- I can 100% be myself around him: When you first meet me, I can be a little shy. Quickly with Jake I knew I could 100% be myself and felt comfortable around him.
- He’s a gentleman: Jake has always been a gentleman to me and puts me first.
- He never played games: With so many other relationships in college, guys play games. Jake was not like that. He was always honest and said what he felt. It was very refreshing.
- We are the same person: We have the same religious views, political views, family views and finish each other’s sentences. They say opposites attract, but having a lot common was something that really attracted me to him. Jake and I still finish each other’s sentences.
There are many other ways I knew he was the one, but I wanted to list the top reasons. How did you know your spouse was the one or what qualities do you look for when dating someone?