Shop My Outfit:
When we went to Paris in March, the forecast showed rain the whole trip. We did luck out and it wasn’t as bad as we expected. However, we did get some rain on and off, especially the last day. Since we were expecting rain, I did a lot of research to see what we could do if it rained. Paris is such an amazing city and no matter the weather, there are endless unique options.
8 Activities To Do In Paris On A Rainy Day
- Hop-on Hop-off Bus: Although these are as touristy as it gets, they’re actually a great way to see the city quickly. I was a little hesitant, but it was so worth it, especially with the rain. They give you headphones and talk about each site. You have the opportunity to get off at most major landmarks, too. Also, it ends up being a good deal, since you don’t have to get Ubers all day to see everything.
- Eat Your Way Through Paris: Paris has some of the best food. Enjoy a nice leisurely meal at a cafe.
- Shop: You cannot go to Paris without shopping. Somehow I didn’t buy anything except macaroons. The shopping is amazing though. My favorite area to shop is Champs Elysees. There are tons of high-end luxury stores there.
- Museums: Although Jake and I skipped museums this trip due to our short time in Paris, a rainy day is the perfect opportunity to explore them. Jake and I saw the Louvre and Le Palais Royal during our trip, but decided to not go in.
- Tour The Catacombs: The catacombs are basically an underground ossuary, which hold the remains of slightly less than 2 million people in a small part of a tunnel network. They date back to the 1700s. I actually saw this on my first visit to Paris and it is a must-do thing. It is very eerie, but something you have to see.
- Boat Ride Down The Seine River: Although we didn’t have time to do this, we did something similar in London on our most windy day. There are boat cruises where the cabin is completely closed and you can see sites as you cruise down the river. They explain what you’re passing by. Some even serve dinner. This definitely will be on our agenda for next visit.
- Wine Tasting: Jake and I went to Reims, France on one of the half-days to do champagne tasting at a champagne house. I will share more on our experience soon. Next time, a wine tasting in Paris is a must. The wine is so fresh and we love to enjoy it with dinner. They don’t add a lot of preservatives, so we didn’t feel bad the next day either.
- Cooking Class: During this trip, since it was Jake’s first visit, we wanted to see all the sites. Next time we go to Paris, an authentic cooking class is high on my list. This would be a perfect indoor activity for the rain too.
Have you done any of these activities in Paris? What was your favorite?
What a good travel guide! Rain can always happen on vacation so great to be prepared with extra activities! And love your outfit. 🙂
Thanks friend. Yess you just never know. Rain seems to follow us too hha
I never did get to go down to the Catacombs. I’m dying to go back!
It was so interesting. Very spooky but neat. You need to.
These are such great ideas!! Love the idea of a cooking class in Paris. That would be so fun! You look adorable in all of your rain gear too 🙂
Katherine | http://www.oneswainkycouple.com
Thank you so much! I am glad you agree. 🙂 A cooking class is a must for next time when we have longer. Aww thank you.
I think rain or not those all sound so good! Must have been an amazing trip!
Absolutely! It was such a beautiful trip.
There is plenty to do on wet days! Museums are a big one, also shopping(!!) eating , wine tasting , and a boat trip sound delightful. Thanks for sharing Courtney, Terri xo.
That is so true. Paris is magical no matter the water. We had such a fun trip.
Oooh I’d love to visit the Catacombs! These are great tips! I’m always hesitant about Hop-on Hop-off buses too – but they are such a great way to see a city in a hurry (especially if it’s raining).
They are such a neat spot to visit. I was very hesitant too,but it was the perfect way to see the city in the rain. We did get off at all of the places we wanted to as well.