Shop My Outfit:
I don’t know about y’all, but this time change has me completely thrown off. It’s been much drearier lately and the sunset is now around 5:00 p.m. in Birmingham. This makes getting shooting content a lot harder and also has had me feeling less productive at night. I am finding myself wanting to go to bed as soon as it’s completely dark, but I still have a lot to do. I wanted to share tips that have helped me be more productive in the winter as each day is getting shorter and shorter until December 22nd.
How To Stay Productive After A Time Change:
- Plan Ahead/Establish A Routine:I am a huge planner and have found when I come up with a routine and write down the task I need to get done each day, I am a lot more accountable. I use this paper day designer planner and this has helped me become a lot more organized.
- Meal Prep: Lately, the last thing I want to do is cook when I come home and it’s dark outside. I am finding meal prepping on the weekend to be helpful. Also, crockpot recipes are a life saver. Nothing is better than coming home to dinner that is already cooked.
- Go To Bed Earlier: With the darkness early, I am wanting to go to bed earlier. Going to bed earlier has helped me a lot, since I am able to wake up earlier and be more productive in the daylight.
- Take Advantage Of Weekends: I love to take advantage of weekends to shoot content, meal prep, run errands and clean, especially if Jake is working. This makes the weekdays a lot smoother when I don’t have to do many chores during the week.
- Exercise: Although it’s not my favorite thing to do, exercise really helps with my energy and productivity levels. I always feel a lot better when I’m done and I’m glad I did it.
- Dress For Success:I find myself a lot more productive and happy when I like my outfit. Anyone else that way? With the colder weather, this checked cape sweater from Chicwish is perfect to dress for the season. It runs a little oversized, but that’s the style. You can layer it if it’s really cold or not. I paired mine with some Spanx faux leather leggings and a hat and love how it turned out.
How are you staying productive after the time change?