Shop My Outfit:
USE CODE abyers315 (TO GET EXTRA 15% OFF MY SKIRT).
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”― L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
I don’t know how it’s already October, but I sure do know the weather doesn’t feel like fall in Alabama yet (hello 90 degrees heat). Fall is one of my favorite seasons because I love the fashion and the traditions that go with the season (pumpkin spice lattes, Halloween movies, the activities and the fall flavors). I am fully in the fall spirit, but it can be hard when the weather/foliage won’t be here for a while. I wanted to share 6 ways to get into the spirit of fall when the weather doesn’t feel like fall yet.
6 Ways To Get Into The Fall Spirit When It’s Still Hot Outside
- Dress For Fall: I keep thinking if I dress for fall maybe the weather will change, but that hasn’t happened. For me, one of the easiest ways to get into the fall spirit is wearing a fall outfit. When it’s still hot outside, I suggest wearing a light weight outfit in fall colors, like this black faux suede mini skirt and booties. I have found that most buildings like my office are cold enough to wear a jacket, so I would save the leopard jacket for inside only (I was sweating taking these photos). This Chicwish cardigan is one of my new favorite fall pieces because you can style it so many ways. It is also great quality and warm. I am wearing the XS/S size and would say it does run a little big. I cannot wait to wear it with my Spanx faux leather leggings soon or a black dress. This skirt is really fitted and runs really small, I sized up and for a looser fit could’ve sized up 2 sizes.
- Watch A Fall Themed Movie: Some of my favorite fall/Halloween movies are Hocus Pocus, The Harry Potter series and Halloween Town. If you have any fun fall movie suggestions, please comment below.
- Decorate For Fall: I don’t do a ton of fall decorations, but I love to add some pumpkin/fall décor to our bar cart, little fall touches on our mantle, a festive front door wreath, and also some pumpkins on our mantle. We don’t really have a large enough front porch to add pumpkins.
- Visit A Pumpkin Patch or Orchard: If you do have a good front porch to decorate, a trip to the pumpkin patch is necessary. Trader Joe’s also has tons of cute pumpkins as well. I’ve never been to an orchard, but we’re planning to visit one in Boston when we go.
- Pumpkin Spice Everything: I am a huge fan of everything pumpkin spice. In the heat, my go-to fall drink is the Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew from Starbucks. It makes me feel festive! I also love apple cider in the fall and of course find myself craving a great Cabernet Sauvignon wine.
- Make Fall Treats: My favorite fall treat is probably s’mores, but I always love anything pumpkin. We got each other a fire pit for Christmas and it was the BEST gift. Making homemade pumpkin bars (one of Jake’s favorite treats) is the perfect way to get into the fall spirit. I also love to pick up seasonal items from Trader Joe’s, like their pumpkin bread, fall soups and more.
Is it still hot where you live? How are you getting into the fall spirit?