Happy Monday! This post is way overdue and has been sitting in my draft folder for a while. In honor of my belated 3 year work anniversary for my first “big girl” job, I wanted to share 6 tips for a successful work week + a fun work look.
I understand this look would not work for every job, but I feel it’s really “me.” Being in marketing, I feel I can dress a little more creatively than certain occupations. I paired my leopard pants with neutrals, then added a pop of red. I made sure to wear some heels to dress it up. On a colder day, I would throw on a black blazer.
6 Tips For A Successful Work Week
1. Have fun with your work wardrobe: I have said this before, but we work most of the week, so why not have fun with your work clothes? I have noticed when I dress in “boring” outfits vs. something I really like, my personality completely changes. I am so much more happy and bubbly when I am confident in my outfit.
2. Skip the snooze button: This is the hardest for me, but really recommend this. This seems like a common tip that I have read, too. Anytime I wake up on my first alarm instead of pressing snooze, I noticed I am more alert. It also is so much better for me to leisurely get ready in the morning instead of having to rush. According to my hubby when you go back to sleep, you need 90 minutes to actually fall back in to a stage of sleep that you are able to make up refreshed from. Any less than 90 minutes, and you will be in a deeper stage of the sleep cycle that makes you feel more tired when you wake up. So even though you may want that extra 15 minutes of sleep, it’s likely to make you more tired than if you just get up as soon as you first wake up. I am the first person to hit snooze 100 times in the morning, but I am working on this.
3. Start with a devotional: I am guilty of not doing this everyday, but when I do I feel like I am in such a better mood. I love Joyce Meyer’s devotionals! I feel like reading devotionals make me a better person because I am reminded to live out my day to glorify God. This helps me start my day with a smile and I believe that is contagious.
4. Start with a good breakfast: Any meal plan that I’ve ever read always recommends starting with a good breakfast. I always look forward to breakfast because it’s my splurge meal. I don’t eat a lot of starchy carbs throughout the day, so I love being able to have bread, a biscuit, a waffle or some oatmeal to start the day. I also always have to start with protein when I first wake up. I usually start with an egg or two. If I have time, I will cook them on the stove, but if not I crack an egg in a coffee mug and microwave it for 30-35 seconds. Starting with protein helps me not feel starving all day.
5. Pick your clothes out on Sunday: Every Sunday night before I go to bed, I pick out my full work week outfits. I usually pick out an extra just to give me some options. I pick everything down to the accessories. This saves me so much time in the morning.
6. Meal prep lunches: Everyday I try to bring my lunch. This helps me save money and keeps me from picking up fast food. I grocery shop on Sunday and make healthy lunches for the whole week. I love snack-style lunches because they’re easy to eat quickly. I usually spend my lunch time doing a few things for my blog or Instagram. Some of my go-to lunches are: chicken salad with fruit and cheese; turkey wrapped with cheese and hummus to dip it in; or boiled eggs, cheese, fruit and nuts. I usually leave in room to bring leftovers one day.
What are some things you do to make your work week easier?