Shop My Dress:
Shop Similar Chicwish Dresses:
With everything going on in the world right now, it can be easy to get down in the dumps emotionally. I wanted to share a few things that have made me a happier mom lately.
5 Things That Have Made Me A Happier Mom Lately:
- Work out/Eat Healthier: Scarlett and I joined a workout class for moms and it has made me so much happier. It forces me to get out of the house. Exercise always makes me feel better! Our old gym doesn’t offer childcare, so we froze our membership. This has been a great way to meet other moms and get healthier. With working out, I have started to eat healthier too. This has made me feel a lot better physically and mentally. I have been slacking since our recent vacation, but I am planning to get back to my better habits.
- Alone time: Although this isn’t always possible due to Jake’s demanding job limiting his availbility at home, I’ve had a little alone time recently. It’s been much needed! I had a hair appointment recently and scheduled it when Jake could watch her. I also took these pictures alone and it felt good to get away for even 30 minutes. My goal is to start waking up before Scarlett to get in a little alone time before she wakes up.
- Being more intentional: When we went on vacation recently, I decided to take a brief, much needed social media break. It was just what I needed! It can be so hard to be on social media lately with all of the misinformation and negativity out there.
- Purging My Closet: Recently I decided to do a HUGE closet purge. Although it’s been a lot of work, it’s been a good thing to focus on. I got a lot of questions on Instagram asking how I was selling things. I plan to do a full blog post with tips before long. I have been purging things that don’t fit or I don’t wear. It has also made me think more carefully about buying new clothes. It’s been surprisingly freeing to get rid of things. I didn’t realize how much my wardrobe needs would change as a stay at home mom, which is another reason purging has been great.
- Getting dressed/leaving the house: I am leaving the house at least 2-3 times a week now with my workout class and it has really made a difference in how I feel. I am also trying to get dressed daily even if that only entails workout clothes and putting a little makeup on. Any chance we get to go somewhere, like for dinner, I am taking advantage of dressing up too. I absolutely love this little Chicwish dress pictured. It’s such a beautiful print and easy to dress up or down. It’s been a dress I’ve been going for a lot lately. I would say it runs a little small in the chest, but other than that it’s true to size. I didn’t wear a bra with it because it fits better without one.